Dubai Off The Beaten Path Tips by colin_bramso Top 5 Page for this destination
Dubai Off The Beaten Path: 25 reviews and 29 photos
You can easily hire cars in Dubai, but avoid the peak hour traffic. A Friday, our weekend, is a good day to drive. Once you're out of the city it's easy - good roads, good signage in English as well as Arabic and not too many roads to choose from. One good, easy choice is to drive to Hatta. Simply follow the signs.
You go past the end of Dubai Creek, with its wetlands bird sanctuary with flocks of flamingoes, and into typical desert, then into an area of beautiful golden dunes, where you'll find several companies offering motor bike and quad bike dune-bashing. You'll see plenty of camels along the way. Further on into the mountainous region and there's a whole string of pottery and carpet shops - very cheap pottery and silk Persian carpets for around US$100. Past an area with hilltop villas more like Spain than Dubai and into the village of Hatta, which is only a few hundred metres from the Oman border.
The Hatta Fort Hotel is a good place to stop for lunch, and a leisurely drive back to Dubai in time for dinner. Each way will be about one and a half hours.
More Reviews (137)
- See All Themed buffet dinner
- See All Boat trips around Dubai Marina
- See All Everything you need in Dubai Marina
- See All Dubai Marina/Palm Jumeirah
- See All Alcohol
colin_bramso's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBAI - A HOTCHPOTCH OF CULTURES"
- "Dynamic, ever-changing, friendly, exciting..."
- "Dubai...In A Fast Moving Phase"
- "Dubai Jewel of the Gulf"
- "Dubai is ......Dubai!"
- "A hot time in Dubai town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Prefecture of Evia
- Sardinas Hotels
- Gibraltar Hotels
- Bantayan Island
- Dreistetten Hotels
- Lettermacaward Hotels
- Birmingham Off The Beaten Path
- Russian Orthodox Church
- Panama Off The Beaten Path
- Hampshire Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Monica Off The Beaten Path
- Lop Buri Off The Beaten Path
- Alghero Off The Beaten Path
- Potsdam Off The Beaten Path
- Roads / Drives
- Nan-t'ou Off The Beaten Path
- Art Galleries
- Plymouth Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 138 Reviews
- 563 Photos
- 2,888 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 138 reviews, 570 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terrigal Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 16 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 7 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Belait Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos