"Doha then and now." Qatar by colin_bramso
Qatar Travel Guide: 726 reviews and 2,057 photos
On the first visit back in 1977 I arrived after dark. I'd only been in the Gulf about eight weeks and it was all still very new to me, so this view when I opened my hotel room curtains very early the next morning took my breath away. Being from the UK in those days I had never seen such blue water! Fortunately I had my camera with me.
I've added a short Travelogue of those days with some of the photographs I took. You can compare it with modern Doha because Geina has just been there on a short business trip so I've been able to add some new images.
I've put the Doha Then and Doha Now images on two Travelogues. Just scroll down and click on the links to go to them.
colin_bramso's Related Pages
Qatar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DOHA - Is it Boring to be there ?"
- "Qatar - There IS more than just Doha!"
- "Land Cruisers and Gold"
- "Playing Qatari Atari"
- "My First Middle East Assignment"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Qatar
- Hotels in Qatar
- Transportation in Qatar
- Nightlife in Qatar
- Restaurants in Qatar
- Shopping in Qatar
- Warnings and Dangers in Qatar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Qatar
- 0 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Qatar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qatar
Photos in QatarSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 138 reviews, 570 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terrigal Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 16 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 7 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Belait Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos