"Between the forest & the sea." Lymington by colin_bramso
Lymington Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 67 photos
The centre of town is High Street, a wide street lined with historic, often beautiful, buildings and site of the weekend market. There are plenty of pubs, cafes, restaurants and shops along this street, and a Visitor Centre round the corner in New Street.
At the bottom of High Street you'll find historic Quay Hill, where you really can can imagine the smugglers of old struggling up the cobbled hill with barrels of rum on their backs! At the end of Quay Hill is the international yacht marina on the Lymington River. The Isle of Wight ferry terminal is on the opposite bank of the river.
Lymington is in the centre of the southern coastal strip of the New Forest, so there are many places of interest all around.
Not too far from Lymington, this is a large village pub in and overlooking the open forest. As with all pubs in England,... more travel advice
Although you're asked not to feed the animals, they will often pester you for food. This mother and baby donkey came to... more travel advice
colin_bramso's Related Pages
Lymington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunsets over the New Forest"
- "Between the forest & the sea."
- "A Too, Too Short Evening Visit...."
- "Lymington and the New Forest"
- "Boldre near Lymington - History and Beauty"
- "Lagos Marina, Algarve"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lymington
- Hotels in Lymington
- Transportation in Lymington
- Nightlife in Lymington
- Restaurants in Lymington
- Shopping in Lymington
- Warnings and Dangers in Lymington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lymington
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Lymington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lymington
Photos in LymingtonSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 132 reviews, 548 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 33 reviews, 137 photos
- Sydney Intro, 26 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terrigal Intro, 23 reviews, 80 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 16 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 7 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Belait Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue