"Heart of The New Forest" Lyndhurst by colin_bramso
Lyndhurst Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 19 photos
It's an ancient village, its recorded history beginning in 980AD. It's a lovely village, but spoiled because its position means that all the traffic crossing from side to side, top to bottom of this beautiful area goes through it! Narrow streets and huge trucks don't mix well!
There are some great pubs, both in the High Street and in the quieter roads, for a relaxing drink and excellent meals, interesting shops to browse around and a good variety of teashops, cafes and restaurants.
It has the fascinating New Forest Museum, which is well worth a visit, and the large historic St Michael & All Angels church too is full of history.
They're all within a few hundred metres of each other, so strolling around them is easy.
Lyndhurst is the administrative centre for the management of the New Forest, where the court of the ancient order of Verderers holds sessions to control the health of animals, grazing rights, conservation and so on.
- Pros:An attractive, bustling village.
- Cons:Too much traffic!
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit.
The free-roaming animals have right of way throughout the forest. They're not very clever when it comes to traffic, so... more travel advice
colin_bramso's Related Pages
Lyndhurst Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Lyndhurst
- Hotels in Lyndhurst
- Restaurants in Lyndhurst
- Warnings and Dangers in Lyndhurst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lyndhurst
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Lyndhurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lyndhurst
Photos in LyndhurstSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 139 reviews, 576 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terrigal Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 16 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 7 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Belait Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue