"A beautiful small city" Truro by colin_bramso
Truro Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 102 photos
The city of Truro grew around the port, which was a perfect centre for merchants and manufacturing. This is tin mining country and the official stamping of tin dates from about 1300, by which time the town was well established.
The Black Death ravaged the town in the early fourteen hundreds, but it recovered to grow during the Tudor reign of King Henry V111 and Queen Elizabeth 1.
During the 18th Century it became a stylish, fashionable town, centre of the county's social life with many wealthy people owning town houses.
Today it has a population of around 20,000 and is the centre of the county's tourism industry. Many of the historic buildings have been preserved, and with so many being built with the local honey-coloured stone the city has a wonderful warm look and feel to it.
It's an excellent shopping centre, has a huge number of restaurants and cafes, and there's ample holiday accommodation in and around the city. Its central position makes it an ideal base for exploring all of Cornwall.
Truro is a small city, easy to get around and has many places of interest. Head for the cathedral and wander the streets... more travel advice
colin_bramso's Related Pages
Truro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Truro - In the Valley"
- "Truro - Cornwall's Cathedral Town"
- "Truro (Truru)"
- "Truro, Cornwall"
- "A beautiful small city"
- "The City of Truro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Truro
- Hotels in Truro
- Transportation in Truro
- Nightlife in Truro
- Restaurants in Truro
- Shopping in Truro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Truro
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Truro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Truro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 139 reviews, 576 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terrigal Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 16 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 7 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Belait Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue