"Lovely ancient village" Wheathampstead by colin_bramso
Wheathampstead Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 47 photos
The village is recorded in the famous Domesday Book, the massive survey and record of England which was completed in 1086.
Today it's a prosperous village with a good selection of shops and restaurants. There's an interesting mixture of architectural styles spanning hundreds of years making it an attractive place to wander around. The Bull pub is said to date back to the 13th Century.
St Helen's, right in the centre of the village, is a Grade 1 listed 13th/14th century church.
A river runs under the High Street, with an old mill, and is full of fish - on the side where fishing is not allowed. On the side where fishing is permitted there are none - and you thought fish weren't clever!
colin_bramso's Related Pages
Wheathampstead Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wheathampstead
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Wheathampstead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wheathampstead
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 132 reviews, 548 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 33 reviews, 137 photos
- Sydney Intro, 26 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terrigal Intro, 23 reviews, 80 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 16 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 7 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Belait Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue