"Terrigal, our home town." Terrigal by colin_bramso
Terrigal Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 144 photos
This is our home, a small seaside town a little over an hours drive north from Sydney Harbour Bridge, half the way by freeway.
It's a weekend and holiday destination, especially for people who live in Sydney, which means we have many facilities to cater for them which are far more than you would normally find in a small town.
There are two five-star hotels, the Crowne Plaza hotel and the Star of the Sea Resort, plus several other motels, nearly forty restaurants and cafes in the town itself, plus many others in neighbouring towns.
There are two shopping malls, one huge, only a few minutes drive away plus the local shops.
And there are miles and miles of beautiful sandy beaches. The Central Coast is really a series of bays, one after the other, each a horseshoe shape with headlands and a sweeping golden beach. There's plenty of other water too, with lakes and lagoons all across the area.
A further hour or so north is the Hunter Valley, New South Wales' famous wine producing district.
There's plenty of holiday accommodation, from the 5 star through very nice motels to caravan parks. And many holiday apartments, houses and cottages plus B&B.
The beaches of the Central Coast are the main attraction for Sydneysiders, and visitors from many other parts of Australia. The surf is good at many of the beaches - regular radio updates keep surfers up-to-date with where the best waves are.
The beaches in the larger towns and suburbs are patrolled by Surf Lifesavers so they're safe for swimmers. Other beaches tend to be un-patrolled so swimming there isn't advised...there are drownings every year, many of them tourists.
Terrigal has the most facilities of any of the beaches. The main shopping street, The Esplanade, runs alongside the beach so cool drinks, food, ice creams are all available a few metres from the beach. And sunscreen, hats, umbrellas and the other things you need to avoid burning!
The Esplanade also has a whole string of cafes & restaurants with outside seating just across the road from the beach. The two streets leading back from The Esplanade and the parallel road they join, Church Street, also have a selection of cafes and restaurants. In that one block we have twenty-seven eateries.
Terrigal is a great place to relax over breakfast, lunch or dinner, or just a coffee and cake.
Situated in Terrigal Bowls Club, it's an informal family restaurant. It's not huge so there's a relaxed, comfortable... more travel advice
There are three fish & chip shops on The Esplanade in Terrigal (and another round the beach at The Haven). Just across... more travel advice
colin_bramso's Related Pages
Terrigal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Terrigal, A Seaside Paradise"
- "Terrigal, our home town."
- "Sun, Beach, Surf, Cafes, Craft Shops etc"
- "Terrigal, Avoca & The Entrance"
- "Terrigal Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Terrigal
- Hotels in Terrigal
- Restaurants in Terrigal
- Shopping in Terrigal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Terrigal
- 24 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Terrigal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terrigal
- Uploaded a Photo to "Club restaurant for Asian & Western meals"
- Wrote a Review Club restaurant for Asian & Western meals in Terrigal Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Qatar Forum "Re: Tourist Visa looking for job..."
- Commented on one of colin_bramso's Terrigal tips
- updated a Terrigal Travel Page "Terrigal, our home town."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 134 reviews, 557 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 33 reviews, 137 photos
- Sydney Intro, 26 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terrigal Intro, 24 reviews, 89 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 16 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 7 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Belait Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue