"The Remarkable Qala'at al-Hosn !" Muhafazat Hims by coceng
Muhafazat Hims Travel Guide: 303 reviews and 994 photos
In the morning on this day, I was in Palmyra; Arrived in Homs about 12 pm & I asked on how to get to Krak des Chevaliers...
The Arabic name is :
I used some sign language for this purpose & a young guy understood me.
He took me to a shop & explained to the guy there.
I think it could be a left-luggage office of some kind...
In there, I could see people left their TV sets, their radios, their bicycle...I thought I saw a hen as well but that's maybe my imagination.
Anyway, I could leave my luggage there; The guy asked me to unzip my luggage so that they knew that I didn't plant any bomb in there !
NO, THIS IS NOT FUNNY !
I HAD TO TAKE THIS PRECAUTION ON MY SIDE & THEIR SIDE !
I ran to the service taxi & the journey was nice !
The scenery was cool...Passing some fertile lands in the west of Syria.
The castle is almost near the Lebanese border in fact.
Scenes From The Bus Station In HOMS...
It was also in the middle between Homs & Tartus (a seaside town in the west of Syria).
We could actually see the castle from the highway !
Also known as Qala'at Al-Hosn & this is one of Syria's best attractions !
This well-preserved castle is situated on the peak of Jebel Ansariya.
It can be visited either from Homs or Tartus as it's just 10 km away from Homs-Tartus Highway.
Along the line of history, this castle has been invaded by The Crusaders & The Mamluks; In addition to that, there are also some Gothic & Romanesque styles implanted in some parts of this castle.
Including some Islamic geometric designs as well.
There are 2 main parts :
The Inner Fortress
There are towers encircle this castle hence this castle was also a 'control' fortress of this region.
When visiting this castle, don't forget to bring a torch if you want to wander deeper into the secret alleys & passage rooms...
Another peek on The Inner Fortress from the window of the walls from The Outer Walls. The walls really solid but we... more travel advice
Look below from the tower onto the fort, we could see some hidden rooms that are waiting to be discovered by us. You can... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Muhafazat Hims Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Remarkable Qala'at al-Hosn !"
- "One of the warmest city in Syria"
- "Qal'at al-Hosn (Carc des Chevaliers)"
- "HIMS A PLACE TO COME BACK AGAIN"
- "Krak Des Chevaliers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Muhafazat Hims
- Hotels in Muhafazat Hims
- Transportation in Muhafazat Hims
- Nightlife in Muhafazat Hims
- Restaurants in Muhafazat Hims
- Shopping in Muhafazat Hims
- Warnings and Dangers in Muhafazat Hims
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muhafazat Hims
- 38 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Muhafazat Hims?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muhafazat Hims
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues