"The Place That I Want to Live In..." Top 5 Page for this destination Bled by coceng
Bled Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,870 photos
SMLEDNIK<<<<<BLED>>>>>TRIGLAV NATIONAL PARK
Reaching here is amazing. The bus journey from Ljubljana gave evidence that Slovenes are beautiful people with beautiful towns. Polite people who speak very good English & helpful. To how many Eastern European countries can we say that ?
Got off the bus & looked for Youth Hostel. It's one of the most beautiful Youth Hostels in Europe. Got to check that out. Beautiful Hostels normally attract beautiful people. I was very right. Full mark !
Everybody was chatty here at the Youth Hostel by the name of Bledec Pension. It has a name not just Yoof Hostel.
Rested for a while, took shower. Dig out some naughty insects who wanted to make me their places to breed. I was sleeping in a camping ground the previous night, y'see.
Bled was amazing. Beautiful islet with a medieval church. I am a sucker for this. Circled Lake Bled, circled the islet, went there by a 'gondola' look-alike.
Ignored the holiday-makers with their swimming gears & their kids. Ignored the expensive hotels & restaurants which lied on the bank of Lake Bled. Watching people. Had a good meal, spaghetti. Although the waiter reminded me that this is in Slovenia & not Italy. He came back with Slovenian spaghetti. Hhmm, thicker !
Back to the Yoof Hostel. Had a multi-racial smells in my dormitory. Me one Asian. Good.
Swedish, British, American, Greek, New Zealander; all comparing notes & guidebook infos from our previous European cruisings. Told the Swedish woman (she's so big !) that I might be going to her birthplace next year. "Expensive, you know." I couldn't answer back because it was not a question.
Slept well that night. Although the guy on my top (bunk bed) made the bed creaked many times. Maybe scribbling something to his girlfriend back home.
Bled is situated in the extreme northwestern part of Slovenia, at the foot of the Julian Alps and also between the Sava Bohinjka and Sava Dolinka Rivers.
How to reach Bled :
It is easy to reach Bled in all seasons. The Lesce-Bled railway station (4 km) lies on the Villach - Jesenice - Ljubljana - Belgrade - Istanbul - Athens Railway lines. It is approximately 45 km from the national borders with Austria (Wurzenpass - Korensko sedlo) and Italy (Fusine Laghi - Rate?e). The nearest international airport at Brnik is 36 km away. Bled is connected with all larger towns in Slovenia by regular bus routes.
Infos on Bled :
Altitude 501 m, Castle Hill 604 m, Mt. Stra?a 646 m. Number of inhabitants 5476. Tourist capacity 4000 beds. Lake: altitude 475 m, length 2120 m, width 1380 m, area 144 ha, maximum depth 30.6 m, maximum annual water temperature 24oC.
Bled's is a mild, healthy sub-Alpine climate with the longest swimming season of any Alpine resort. The ridges of the Julian Alps and the Karavanke protect it from the chilly northern winds. During the summer months there is no fog. The average monthly temperature in July is 19oC and in January -1.7oC.
- Pros:A Hilltop Castle, An Islet In The Beautiful Lake & Triglav Is Looming In The Near Distance
- Cons:Too Many Tourists !
- In a nutshell:A Hidden But An Easy Reach Attraction In Slovenia
It is possible to reach Bled by train but the train station is further from Bled Town. Even too far to walk, I should... more travel advice
This is just my bus ticket from Ljubljana to Bled. Thre are buses every hour from Ljubljana, Bohinj & Kranj. Other... more travel advice
- See All Youth Hostel...
- See All Time To Get Down...
- Activities Galore !
- The Rain !
coceng's Related Pages
Bled Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Place That I Want to Live In..."
- "Scenic and picturesque"
- "The place with the only Slovene island"
- "What a place"
- ""You had me at hello.............""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bled
- Hotels in Bled
- Transportation in Bled
- Nightlife in Bled
- Restaurants in Bled
- Shopping in Bled
- Warnings and Dangers in Bled
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bled
- 48 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Bled?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bled
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues