"A Door To Slovenia...." Top 5 Page for this destination Koper by coceng
Koper Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 383 photos
Parked the car at this huge shopping complex (although hardly anybody in there) & searched for a nice bite. No, couldn't find a good one. Drove to the harbour area, ahh the sea ! The yachts. Good good.
Restaurants lying along the harbour, chose one & sat. Nice atmosphere, windy & the next table had a black American guy (the accent, we could NEVER miss it) chatted with 2 Miss Slovenes, maybe for the free dinner on that night.
We finished our meal (me, spaghetti) & I told Ivan that I wanted to change some Tollars. Nice name Slovene currency. Had some money on me, feel good. If Ivan left me I could survive for a week or so. Walked along the harbour, came to the Old Town, very nice ! I love the way crawling plants hanging on the roofs, looked very Mediteranean ! Hey, I was in the Mediteranean, silly me.
The Old Town had few things to offer, a walk checking some centuries-old buildings was on my list indeed. Ivan knew so many things about Koper but I couldn't swallow them (the infos) at one go Ivan, I was not doing a thesis on Koper.
Ivan explained about 'The lion with an opened book'; listening attentively. He then showed me 'The lion with a closed book', a bit further from the first lion. Thanks Ivan.
Where next ? I told Ivan my plan & he disagreed. He said Piran & Portoroz we could do in one day. Then, we shall see. Thanks Ivan (not agreed with him at all but he's the driver).
Anyway, tummy was full & took amle photos & we were back in the car. Koper, a residential area very near to Italian border but Koper has some nice history to tell. A walk around the Old Town is a must I should say. Try to avoid the housing areas unless you want to stay here.
Next Portoroz with me in the car, thinking about some excitements I would see there.
Don't forget to wander arounf Koper medieval town. Some of the houses & churches still carry the oroginal structures &... more travel advice
The photo shows Praetorian Palace situated in Titov trg. This is the centre of Old Koper. It has many interesting... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Koper Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Koper - Capodistria"
- "Koper/ Capo d'Istria"
- "A Door To Slovenia...."
- "Welcome to Koper(Capodistria)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Koper
- Hotels in Koper
- Transportation in Koper
- Nightlife in Koper
- Restaurants in Koper
- Shopping in Koper
- Warnings and Dangers in Koper
- See All...
Explore the World
- Union Territory of Daman and Diu Hotels
- Cebu Island
- San Juan
- Colorado Springs
- Sunset Highway State Park Hotels
- Republic of Montenegro
- Zakarpats'ka Oblast'
- Sainte-Croix Hotels
- Castle Park Hotels
- Kochchikade Hotels
- Pulau Bintan
- Tamalpais Valley Junction Hotels
- Santo Domingo
Badges & Stats in Koper
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Koper?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Koper
Photos in KoperSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues