"A Door To Slovenia...." Top 5 Page for this destination Koper by coceng

Koper Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 389 photos

TRIESTE<<<<<KOPER>>>>>PORTOROZ

SLOVENIA
Thursday 19th June 2003
Crossed the Italian border by car with Ivan driving, easy-peasy. Who Ivan I hear you ask. Well, go to my Trieste page, he's there somewhere. Arrived in Koper, first destination in Slovenia pour moi. Houses & houses. A huge shopping complex. Hills, with houses. Shops. Where's the beach Ivan ? Wait Ivan said. We eat first. Right.
Parked the car at this huge shopping complex (although hardly anybody in there) & searched for a nice bite. No, couldn't find a good one. Drove to the harbour area, ahh the sea ! The yachts. Good good.
Restaurants lying along the harbour, chose one & sat. Nice atmosphere, windy & the next table had a black American guy (the accent, we could NEVER miss it) chatted with 2 Miss Slovenes, maybe for the free dinner on that night.
We finished our meal (me, spaghetti) & I told Ivan that I wanted to change some Tollars. Nice name Slovene currency. Had some money on me, feel good. If Ivan left me I could survive for a week or so. Walked along the harbour, came to the Old Town, very nice ! I love the way crawling plants hanging on the roofs, looked very Mediteranean ! Hey, I was in the Mediteranean, silly me.
The Old Town had few things to offer, a walk checking some centuries-old buildings was on my list indeed. Ivan knew so many things about Koper but I couldn't swallow them (the infos) at one go Ivan, I was not doing a thesis on Koper.
Ivan explained about 'The lion with an opened book'; listening attentively. He then showed me 'The lion with a closed book', a bit further from the first lion. Thanks Ivan.
Where next ? I told Ivan my plan & he disagreed. He said Piran & Portoroz we could do in one day. Then, we shall see. Thanks Ivan (not agreed with him at all but he's the driver).
Anyway, tummy was full & took amle photos & we were back in the car. Koper, a residential area very near to Italian border but Koper has some nice history to tell. A walk around the Old Town is a must I should say. Try to avoid the housing areas unless you want to stay here.
Next Portoroz with me in the car, thinking about some excitements I would see there.

• Last visit to Koper: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2003

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 1:18 AM

Nice page. Ciao!

• Aug 9, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Very helpful, and the pics are awesome! Koper looks nice, but would you suggest staying there for long? There is a teaching position i'am considering, do u think it's worthwhile to stay there for 12 mons?

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 11:30 AM

Nice page Arnaud, we stopped off at Koper on our way to Piran. Great info & photos, well done (~_~)

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2003 at 4:25 AM

Koper's Medieval town sounds really great for a stroll. Well done.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2003 at 2:05 PM

Another well done page Arnaud. You're right: the leaves are mostly for shadow.

coceng

“It's a silent world only if we keep our eyes shut...”

Badges & Stats in Koper