Triglav Nacionalni Park Off The Beaten Path Tips by coceng Top 5 Page for this destination
Triglav Nacionalni Park Off The Beaten Path: 15 reviews and 18 photos
The beautiful Lake Bohinj
Well, we can even another beautiful lake from Vintgar Gorge, if you want to walk for a few more hours ! Lots of walking I should say !
Lake Bohinj is on another side of Triglav National Park. More to the south of Triglav Maountain. It's less touristy & it's an amazing pictureque little town & quite a big lake in Slovenia.
Please take a look of my Custom Tips for the location of Lake Bohinj in Triglav National Park/Slovenia.
Fresco on the Church of St. Catherine
As nobody was around, I opened the gate & entered the church.
I could see a fresco adorning the wall of the church. It must be hundreds of years old. It's from the 15th century & we could see some fortifications around this church.
Took a photo of that for the memory.
Church of St. Catherine near Vintgar Gorge
The father & son duo took me right back to Sum Waterfall.
Now, instead of taking the right turn (which I did & I got lost), I took the right turn.
There are steps going up to a small forest. Much darker forest than the previous one I thought but I kept on walking. More descending than walking flat. This hill is called Hom (834 m).
Out from the small forest in Hom,
I came to a small church called The Church of St. Catherine.
Hi mother !
After walking for another half hour, I finally could find somebody who understood the language, English.
There was this man who was doing some mechanic works on his car, I approached him. Told him that I was lost.
He called his son who spoke very good English & the guy (a teenager...) explained to me how to re-traced my steps back to Vintgar Gorge because that's the only way for me to be back in Bled.
I guess I had been walking maybe more than 5 km from Vintgar Gorge & the boy offered me a ride back to the last check-point where I unintentionally took the wrong turn. Boy ! I was glad you could do that to me.
I guess the car was in good condition because the father was sort of saying to his son that they could 'test' the car whether it was working ! So, I was a good reason for them to do so.
I love the Slovenian people ! I could see the mother was on the balcony, smiling to us all & I captured her in my photo for us all to see the time & place in rural Slovenia.
Trees...around Vintgar Gorge
One of the the best way to enjoy Triglav National Park or even Slovenia in general is to get yourself lost in the forest !
Well, not everybody would want to do this but I was lost unintentionally while walking in Vintgar Gorge.
At the last check point, I was supposed to take the stairs up which is on the RIGHT side, but instead I took the left side path.
I was walking for about half hour when I realised I was deep in a forest !
The photo shows us that moment.
Was I feeling scared ? Nah...
What is this I wonder ?
From the forest, instead of retracing my steps, I kept on walking further.
I mean there was a path for cars anyway, so that's why I was not feeling that scared.
It was full of trees around me allright. I was thinking of some mammals who might pound on me but that didn't happen. Thank God.
I came to a small village & bumped into some people. Farmers mostly. Asked questions, but no English was spoken.
I was really enjoying the immensely beautiful Slovenian ruralness at this times.
The true Triglav in front of me
While walking, enjoying the sceneries around me, I saw the green thick forest surrounded the village areas.
That's the true Triglav I said to myself.
I would love to descend higher & higher, maybe reaching the mountain, but I got tired, thirsty, hungry & nobody spoke English.
You know,...that kind of feelings.
Bled at dawn, captured by me
Well, you are in Vintgar Gorge because it's an excursion from Bled. If you reach Vintgar Gorge first, then please have a visit to Bled Town. It's one of the most beautiful lakeside town in Slovenia & maybe one of the most beautiful that you'll see in your life !
You can either walk to Bled from this Eastern side of Triglav National Park or paddling your bike if you have one.
Bled will offer you so much activities because of the lake & the castle perched on a hilltop.
More Reviews (21)
- See All Another Map Showing...
- See All By Walking...
- Some Refreshments...
- See All Sum Waterfall...
coceng's Related Pages
Triglav Nacionalni Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VINTGAR GORGE"
- "Mighty Triglav"
- "Started in Ribcev Laz, on to Triglav"
- "A Place of True Vertical Dimensions"
- "Triglav National Park"
- "TRIGLAVIAN DREAMS"
- "Triglav National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Hotels in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Transportation in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Nightlife in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Restaurants in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Shopping in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Shiplake Hotels
- Samos Hotels
- Ruhpolding Hotels
- Ban Nai Yang Hotels
- Bang Saphan
- Eskilstuna Off The Beaten Path
- Saumur Off The Beaten Path
- Ras Al Khaimah Off The Beaten Path
- Panama Off The Beaten Path
- Isle of Arran Off The Beaten Path
- Rapperswil Off The Beaten Path
- State of Andhra Pradesh Off The Beaten Path
- Lima Off The Beaten Path
- Stratford-upon-Avon Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Francisville Off The Beaten Path
- Newport Beach Off The Beaten Path
- North County
Badges & Stats in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- 29 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Triglav Nacionalni Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Posted in Travel Greece Forum "Re: 4-5 days in Greece..."
- Commented on one of Tinci's Triglav Nacionalni Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sum Waterfall..."
- Wrote a Review Lake Bohinj... in Triglav Nacionalni Park Off The Beaten Path
- created a Triglav Nacionalni Park Travelogue "VIRTUAL POSTCARDS"
Photos in Triglav Nacionalni ParkSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues