"The Significant Kosice" Top 5 Page for this destination Kosice by coceng
Kosice Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 502 photos
Miklus Torture Prison on the right...
(pronounced 'Koh-Shhit-Say') is an upbeat & modern town in SLOVAKIA & it is also the administrative capital of East Slovakia, also the 2nd biggest capital after Bratislava.
Kosice is on the main train & bus lines, connecting various places in Poland & Hungary.
There are so much in the old town to invite travellers, with churches & museums; PLUS a Torture Prison !
Me & Marek didn't stay the night in Trencin (our previous destination)
[Click on 'Trencin'].
Instead we took the night train to Kosice. We slept on the train, by just sitting on the seat in the compartment (a bit awkward for me !) & arrived in Kosice in the morning with a teeth-clattering cold !; For me at least, not sure about Marek.
We stayed in Kosice till about 12 PM & continued our destination to Poprad.
[Click on 'Poprad'].
We spent the night in Poprad...
The City Park on the left photo...
MY ITINERARIES :
I arrived in Kosice on Wednesday 15th May, 2002, by train from Trencin.
The train from Trencin was at about 12.15 AM, & arriving in Kosice at about 4.30 AM; Me, with teeth-clattering cold !
I guess I was so uncomfortable sleeping on the train.
Me & Marek had a good time exploring Kosice ( you can see from the photos that I took) considering we were there for a few hours only, before taking our train to our next destination, Poprad our overnight stay, in a hotel room this time !
Enter Poland, from a point called Lysa Polana.
In Slovakia, I was in Bratislava, Cachtice, Kosice & Poprad; Previously I was in Austria, with a few places like Vienna, Durnstein & Salzburg.
Please have a visit to all my Travel Pages in Slovakia & Austriawith lots of photos & places for you to discover !
- Pros:The Most Beautiful Old Town Square in Slovakia !
- Cons:The Underground Tunnels Are Always Closed !
- In a nutshell:A Transport Hub : Stop By Either On You Way To/From Poland or Hungary
Inside the Old Town which resembles an oval-shaped area, with a wide street running from the north to the south. This is... more travel advice
Out from the prison, me & Marek walked around Kosice for a while. I took this photo. It looked like lines of restaurants... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Kosice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kosice - Metropolis of Eastern Slovakia"
- "KOSICE - HOME OF BEAUTIFUL ARCHITECTURE & GARDENS"
- "The Significant Kosice"
- "Kosice - the perfect base for any trip in Slovakia"
- "Ben-UK's Kosice page"
- "Kosice With Family"
- "The far end of Slovakia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kosice
- Hotels in Kosice
- Transportation in Kosice
- Nightlife in Kosice
- Restaurants in Kosice
- Shopping in Kosice
- Warnings and Dangers in Kosice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kosice
- 27 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Kosice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kosice
Photos in KosiceSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues