"The Chilly Poprad" Top 5 Page for this destination Poprad by coceng
Poprad Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 169 photos
Marek was telling me that it's no big deal is somebody asking for a ciggi, we just give him. I said, it's a big deal to me. It's my ciggi & it's up to me if I want to give it to somebody or not. You remember this small tiff yes Marek ?
In Malaysia, cigarettes are expensive, like money, yes. I don't want to give my money away as I don't want to give my cigarettes away ! Period.
Anyway, checked to a hotel. Nice & affordable. Took a hot shower. Love it.
Opened the hotel window to have a better view of the High Tatras. I could even smell the mountains.
We went out & walked around Poprad town. Nice town indeed. Unlike the drab train station. had meals. Took photos. Checked at the bus station if there's a direct bus to Zakopane. No more. All tickets booked/sold.
Went back to the hotel & had a hot shower (again). Planned with Marek for the following day. 'Packed' ourself for the night for another exciting day tomorrow.
Woke up early. Went to the bus station. 2 old men from UK started to chat us up. They had never met a Slovak guy up close they said.
Got on the bus, 4 of us as the oldies were also going to Poland.
Arrived at Lysa Polana (Slovak-Polish border) & stamped our passports.
I continued to Lake Moskie Oko & Marek plus the oldies took another trip somewhere further up.
Me & Marek would meet again in Zakopane, minus the oldies of course. All hells break lose when I bumped into them again in Krakow & they occupied the same room that I booked !
So, Poprad I can say is one point to enter Poland. The town has some nice restaurants & a good atmosphere as well. It's lively with people, this Poprad town.
If you want to go to the High Tatras from Slovakia, it is definitely a town not to be missed !
It has a nice main square called namesti svateho Egidia...lined with shops & eateries. The Poprad-Tatry Airport, the highest in Europe, is about 5 km west of town.
Poprad....;our 5th & last destination in Slovakia...Me & Marek arrived in Poprad in the afternoon from Kosice
We had the time to wander around the town...& checked in to a hotel, for an early sleep because we had to get up early to take the bus to continue to Lysa Polana in Poland/Slovakia border.
If anybody knows the name of this building ( photo on the left...), please let me know...thanks in advance.
I took a photo of this building. Looked nice to me. Could it be a church ? Anybody ? more travel advice
This is part of Poprad town. We checked in at a nearby hotel & wandered around the town. Very nice. more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Poprad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Poprad"
- "Poprad between the high and low Tatra"
- "Poprad in the High Tatras"
- "The Chilly Poprad"
- "Winter capital of Slovakia"
- "Poprad - Great town in the Tatras"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poprad
- Hotels in Poprad
- Transportation in Poprad
- Nightlife in Poprad
- Restaurants in Poprad
- Shopping in Poprad
- Warnings and Dangers in Poprad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poprad
- 8 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Poprad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poprad
Photos in PopradSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues