Middle East Transportation Tips by coceng Top 5 Page for this destination
Middle East Transportation: 25 reviews and 23 photos
When crossing The Red Sea, ferry or fast ferry or even being called a catamaran would be the best option to take.
Although not that cheap but it's a pleasant journey as we want to get to the next destination as soon as possible !
I rarely met any tourist travelling with trains in The Middle East.
Most of the times, they are slow but in some places, the trains would provide some bext sights which we can't see on the roads.
At least along The Nile, train is the best option !
the sceneries are just amazing with Egyptians are running their everyday life, that we could see through the train windows...
Taxi is also a good option.
Do take a taxi if you are not scared of being conned or over-charged !
Anyway, sometimes taxi is the ONLY option to take say if you are going to somewhere remote & there's no other public transportations.
Make sure you know where you are going & at least have a rough idea of how much you want to pay to the taxi drivers !
Buses & service taxis are the best options to move around The Middle East.
They are sometimes reliable sometimes they are not !
Please check the time tables.
Most of the times, we pay the price of the journey on the buses or service taxis themself. No need to get a ticket beforehand.
Some service taxis (which look like mini vans...) will only start their engine when enough passengers are onboard so this could alter your plan in reaching some destinations.
More Reviews (30)
coceng's Related Pages
Middle East Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "under construction"
- "CROSSROADS OF THE EARTH"
- "The Hottest Spot on Earth!"
- "This Is The Arab World !"
- "The Middle East: A Region Worth Discussing :)"
- "dsantosh's new Middle East Page"
- "Learning Arabic in the Middle East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Middle East
- Hotels in Middle East
- Transportation in Middle East
- Nightlife in Middle East
- Restaurants in Middle East
- Shopping in Middle East
- Warnings and Dangers in Middle East
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Middle East
- 859 Reviews
- 1,053 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Middle East?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Middle East
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues