"This Is The Arab World !" Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East by coceng

Middle East Travel Guide: 63,461 reviews and 182,499 photos

(Jigsaw Puzzle Of This Photo)
The Middle East.
What can I say about this region ?
In Malay language, it is called as 'Timur Tengah'; It basically just means Middle East !
These days, we can't avoid seeing The Middle East ! On the medias, in big cities around the world, people talk about The Midle East.
Unless of course you are a fan of Lord Of The Ring, then you'll talking about The Middle Kingdom ! NEVER confuse between these 2 things !
When I was young, my parents told me that Islam started in The Middle East.
When I was at school, I learned about The Middle East.
When I was out of school, started to really read the newspapers, I encounter news around The Middle East.
Now that I work, earn a bit of money (not much) & started to travel, then I might as well go there ! To see The Middle East with my own eyes.
Most people won't come to The Middle East, I guess they have their own reasons; Not that we want to know right ?
~~~
When I came back, none of my friends was as excited as when I came back from Europe !
BUT really, I was/am proud of this trip to The Middle East !
It's an eye-opener kinda trip...
Like all my trips, I certainly didn't DO it just for the sake of being there !
At least I never sell my arse to travel !
True ! True ! Quality means more than quantity !
Still, my 'quality' travel is the way I plan it !
4 countries in 1 month was the way I did it !
I love the historical aspects of The Middle Easy, seeing the ruins make me feel good.
Sadly, these historical events have been carried along the decades (if not centuries) & have been creating grudges & havocs around The Middle East !

So far, I have only been travelling to :
LEBANON
SYRIA
JORDAN
EGYPT
Yes, Egypt is in Africa but I want to put it as part of my first Middle Eastern trip anyway.
So, the tips that I shall give on here are circulating of what I experienced in these 4 countries.
Don't want to write more but let me remind you that whatever I experienced around The Middle East are all mine !
Good or bad...
My trip to The Middle East is just merely passing along, of what I saw (intentionally or otherwise...).
Apart from the historical sites, one aspect truly captures me is the children of The Middle East !
They are NOW the future generation of this region.
I have a soft spot for them in my heart; I pray that they would have a good life !
I pray that they would make their home countries a place to live in peace & harmony for their next next generations...
Read about my experiences in all my Middle East pages...Browse through all my photos around The Middle East.
My good experiences hopefully be yours as well; My bad experiences will never change my perception of The Middle East & hopefully you will never encounter ANY of the bad things that I experienced in my first trip to this region. Insyallah !
Still, I would NEVER live in The Middle East, not even if somebody paying me a billion dollars to do so...
It's not my region, it's not the place where I was brought up.
Maybe I do like some places but not a place to call home for me...

MY ITINERARIES FROM THE FIRST MIDDLE EAST TRIP !

• Last visit to Middle East: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2005

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 4:03 AM

Good introdcution and useful tips on Arabia..however as one comment ealier, do get into Yemen where there is alot fo old Arabia heritage

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Nice page but head to Oman and Yemen for off the beaten track ''true'' Arabia. Jordan/Egypt are touristy but these two will knock your socks off ;) Cheers from the Bahamas Jz

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 4:07 AM

Fantastic pictures, interesting tips; by the way - when are you going to complete them? Looking forward to it

• Mairo21's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2005 at 3:05 AM

GORGEOUS! that is the first word that comes to mind , to describe the picture you took of the sunset on the nile.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 3:07 AM

Great start Arnaud! Beautiful photos. I'll be back when your finished (~_~)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 7:25 AM

You did a great trip, I see :-). Great warnings and transportation tips and amazing pictures.

• bkoon's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 9:16 AM

Oh my god! Looks like there are a lot of things to take care of in Middle East. No point explaining what is racial harmony. Most people won't understand except us. Great tips! Bee :)

• coceng's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2005 at 11:47 AM

They will have a culture shock, Najam ! :)

• May 23, 2005 at 11:33 AM

Very helpful tips.About religious harmony in Malaysia, those guys never been to ur country i guess thats why failed to understand how three different communities living happily in one country with respect n love for each other.They should go n witness it!

coceng

“It's a silent world only if we keep our eyes shut...”

Badges & Stats in Middle East

• 1,053 Photos
  • 4 Countries

Have you been to Middle East?

Latest Activity in Middle East