"The Most Beautiful Legnica..." Legnica by coceng
Legnica Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 43 photos
Badly damaged during WW2, the town revived as an industrial centre following the discovery of copper deposits in the region.
The town has many historic buildings...A voivodeship town with 100,000 inhabitants is situated between the Silesian Lowland and the Sudety Upland. It is the economic, cultural and administrative centre of the Legnica-Glogow Copper Basin with big copper mines, metallurgical works, clothing factory and a well-known piano factory. Legnica, as one of the oldest Silesian towns, was the capital of the Piast duchy until the 17th century. Among the historical sights mention should be made of an old market square with the so called herring stalls in the Renaissance style. Peter and Paul's church from the 14th century, the duke's Castle with the Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance elements, a complex of Baroque architecture with St. John's church and the mausoleum of Legnica and Brzeg Piasts, the former Academy for the Nobility, the Abbot's College, fragments of medieval defence walls, etc. An interesting copper museum is to be found there, too.
St. Mary's Church, photo on the left.
It is one of the oldest churches in Silesia...
For a few hours, we wander the town & captured some beautiful buildings along the way...
Adam Mum's Place, on the right ! Adorned with beautiful roses, as beautiful as the treatment when I was just a few hours with them.
Arriving in Legnica in the afternoon of Friday 24th May, 2002 from Wroclaw (because I didn't manage to get the train ticket to my next destination, Berlin, from there) Wandered for a few hours in this beautiful town, accompanied by a Polish friend, Adam.
Went to his mum's place. Got to know the family & slept for a few hours, then taking the very early morning train to BERLIN [Please click on Berlin]; My next destination & also the first place/city that I went to in GERMANY.
Legnica was my last place in POLAND which previously I was in AUSTRIA & SLOVAKIA respectively.
Please have a visit to my Travel Pages in these countries, with so many places & photos to browse through.
- Pros:Quiet & So Beautiful ! Filled With Great Sights !
- Cons:Still Overlooked By Tourists Until Now...
- In a nutshell:Visit Legnica if You Are In Wroclaw !
Here's another photo by me. I took the train to Berlin from Legnica at about 3 AM. It was still dark then. I couldn't... more travel advice
This is my friend Adam ! Posing by his PC. he told me that he couldn't wait to get out from Legnica as the town didn't... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Legnica Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Legnica
- Hotels in Legnica
- Transportation in Legnica
- Restaurants in Legnica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Legnica
- 15 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Legnica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Legnica
Photos in LegnicaSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues