"The Wieliczka Salt Mine..." Wieliczka by coceng
Wieliczka Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 490 photos
( pronounced 'Vyeh-lee-chkah' )
The mine has a labyrinth of tunnels, about 300 km of them, distributed over 9 levels. Only part of the Mine is opened to the public.
The mine is opened daily, from 16th April to 15th October, from 7.30 am to 6.30 pm & the rest of the year from 8 am to 4 pm. All the visitors are guided in groups...the tour takes about 2 hours & cost about USD 7 ( USD 3.50 for students under 25...).
Tours are in Polish but from June to September, there are English language tours a few times a day. Check about this at the Tourist Office or call the Mine at : Poland - 278 73 02.
An alternative, we can hire an English Tour Guide for USD 45 & additional USD 5 ticket entry per person. English language brochures are available at the souvenir kiosk by the mine entrance.
Any information given by me here should be verified from the Tourist Office when you are in Poland.
The Wieliczka Mine is on UNESCO's World Heritage list.
More informations about the Wieliczka Salt Mine in my Travel Tips below...& lots of photographs in the Travellogues, scroll down please.......
I visited the Wieliczka Mine from... Kraków
...on Saturday 18th May 2002,...by bus.
It was one of my life's best experiences!
It is quite deep in the ground...make sure you follow your tour guide.
Is this chandelier made from salt? Go to Wieliczka to discover about this & much much more!!!
- Pros:Amazing Structures Created By Man From Salt !
- Cons:Not For The Claustrophobic !...While Deep In The Underground Caves/Tunnels !
- In a nutshell:An Excursion From Krakow Is A Must !
This would be my last photo taken by me at The Wieliczka Salt Mine. I bid farewell (in my heart that was...) before... more travel advice
Here are the photos that I took inside The Wieliczka Salt Mine. Nature first created this mine about 20 million years... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Wieliczka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A visit to a salt mine"
- "Amazing salt mine - Wieliczka"
- "The Wieliczka Salt Mine"
- "700-year-old the Wieliczka Salt Mine"
- "WIELICZKA SALT MINE"
- "Underground tourist route"
- "WIELICZKA SALT MINE TOUR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wieliczka
- Transportation in Wieliczka
- Restaurants in Wieliczka
- Shopping in Wieliczka
- Warnings and Dangers in Wieliczka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wieliczka
- 25 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Wieliczka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wieliczka
Photos in WieliczkaSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues