"An Imperial Capital..." Vienna by coceng

Vienna Travel Guide: 7,579 reviews and 19,136 photos

The Heart Of Europe...

KUALA LUMPUR<<<<<VIENNA>>>>>WIENERWALD

AUSTRIA
"WOW ! I am in Vienna..." I said to myself as I landed in this elegant city. Axel, my Austrian friend waited for me at the airport, nice guy. Drove me to Vienna & I called another friend, Joe. Had breakfast & many questions to ask & to answer. My second European trip started here.
Vienna is just elegant ! So elegant that I could imagine myself living here but then I had to get a good job because it's not cheap, the cost of living. Axel & Joe live right in the centre of Vienna.
The first day, I started my excursions to several places around Vienna, Wienerwald & some towns like Durnstein, Melk, Krems...
Accompanied by Matthias, now a certified doctor.
In Vienna, I was immersed with total classical styles of the buildings, the foods, the parks, the playgrounds. Donauinsel, the place where I could daydream or fantasize, just by watching people lying on the grass...
Prater is the theme park for kids & adults alike, with some weird structures or statues to baffle passers-by; plus a BIG WHEEL...
Museums aplenty, churches aplenty; no, didn't have the time to see them all but that's because I had some other places to check out.
Schonbrunn Palace is a must;accompanied by Joe. Total elegant the palace !
The parks around Vienna offer the relaxing mood that we look for, again with some statues & ponds to ponder at.
My second trip & very many places to go; can I reach them all ?

A MUST SEE...

Schloss Schonbrunn
This is a baroque palace situated on the western side of Vienna. It's one of the most popular attractions in this maginificent city.
The interior of the palace is suitably majestic with frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers & gilded ornaments.

Continue

HABSBURG EMPIRE

PALACE INTERIOR

Alte Donau
North-east of Vienna. Full of family activities by the Danube River.

A DAY EXCURSION :
A day excursion around VIENNA that we must do is definitely circling The Danube Valley.
I started my journey from WIENERWALD

• Last visit to Vienna: May 2002
  • Intro Updated May 25, 2004

• Feb 25, 2008 at 6:02 AM

Great page and info! volopolo

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 4:37 AM

I really liked your page of Vienna! You ra elucky visiting this city! Greetingzzz! Raimundas.

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2004 at 11:53 AM

a great and complete Vienna page and beautiful photos too! What an elegant place!

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 9:39 AM

Great tips. Will certainly use them when I visit in December. Brrrrrrr It's gonna be cold.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 1:00 PM

Great page, amazing pictures and I have been warned, thank you :-)

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2004 at 2:26 PM

Arnaud, those are beautifuly pics of Vienna! BTW does Joe's have a special low season rate??:))

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2003 at 2:20 PM

It's always a delight to read your travel tips Arnaud. Hope i won't meet that "lady" when i visit Schonbrunn Palace. :-)

• dragontml's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2003 at 1:41 AM

hhmmm....when can i include vienna in my travel plans ? ;-)

• renuschka's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2003 at 1:57 AM

nice page, in Komarno there is only one small square with these beautiful houses

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2003 at 7:06 AM

Vienna looks so beautiful. Well done, Arnould.

coceng

“It's a silent world only if we keep our eyes shut...”

Badges & Stats in Vienna