"My Cotswold Route..." Minchinhampton by coceng
Minchinhampton Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 17 photos
From Painswick, me & Pat arrived in Minchinhampton, passing through Stroud.
Minchinhampton, another beautiful old village in the southern Cotswold.
Pat parked the car & off we explored the village on foot.
This village is almost untouched with modern development !
I was telling Pat that if I could live here forever, I certainly would !
Well, maybe I would go to London once in a while to catch some indie gigs & buying some indie records, then I would be back to Minchinhampton & locked myself in this village forever !
Pat just laughed 'cos he knew I couldn't.
Anyway, we had to move to our next Cotswold village, which was Tetbury...
It sits on a high finger of The Cotswold Edge like 'The Land That Time Forgot' !
The narrow streets here are clearly not made for cars & trucks; As do most Cotswold villages anyway...
The Church of The Holy Trinity is a great attraction in Minchinhampton. It's from the 12th century but some parts were added later till 1842.
By road, coming from Stroud, about 5 km, would be much easier.
In between highways A419 & A 46.
No public buses to Minchinhampton by you could hire a taxi from Stroud.
By rail - Make Stroud as a base to reach Minchinhampton.
A few direct trains per day from London Paddington Station would stop in Stroud.
Please click on 'Stroud'.
- Pros:A Quiet Village In The Cotswold...
- Cons:Not Easy To Reach; No Public Transports...
- In a nutshell:Make This A Day Trip (An Excursion) From Stroud...
coceng's Related Pages
Minchinhampton Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minchinhampton
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Minchinhampton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minchinhampton
Photos in MinchinhamptonSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues