"My Cotswold Route..." Winchcombe by coceng
Winchcombe Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 60 photos
Reaching Winchcombe from Broadwell, all part of my COTSWOLD journey !
Me, Patrick & Roger didn't show me what Winchcombe town looked like but instead we were put in the middle of Roger's house in the wee countryside !
Passing some trees & bushes, fields with cows munching the grass ! I asked Roger to stop the car a few times just to capture the cows ! 'Cotswold Cows', they quipped !
Roger's house is just cozy; Wanted to take some photos inside the house but forgot all about it...
Meeting Roger's mum was nice, she's 94 years old ! Very strong woman...
Gave her the batik sarong that I purposely brought for her from Malaysia, green in colour...& she just loved it ! Her favourite colour...
Roger was showing us his garden, although not much to see but it would be lovely if I came in the right season, spring maybe. Took photos of Roger's gazebo.
They sipping tea in the house & I had my fresh orange.
We had to get ready, ready for our next jorney in The Cotswold !
We (or rather they) decided on Broadway; Excellent !
Read about the place; Saw many a photo on the place & soon I would be there, I thought.
Roger's mum would follow us as well; Good for her to be in this journey, with me it's a great pleasure indeed !
I was supposed to stay the night at Roger's place but the planning decided me to lie down in Pat's place instead, in Cheltenham...
After Broadway, we had dinner in Ford; Roger & mum had been there before...
Anyway, Bid farewell to Winchcombe in my heart & continued with our next destination which was Broadway...
Saxon Winchcombe was once the capital of its own country.
It was the seat of The Mercian Royalty...
Many people would come here as a jumping off point to see The Sudeley Castle (which I didn't go because I would prefer to see Broadway & its tower !
Please read the HISTORY of Winchcombe...
By Road - on the B 4078 road, just next to B 4632 road.
By Rail - Tewsbury train station which is about 10 km away.
- Pros:Another Secluded Town In The Costwold...
- Cons:Not Fazed By The Mass Tourists (Which Is Good Actually)...
- In a nutshell:A Good Stroll On The Fields Or The Woods...
Just before arriving back in Cheltenham, I took another snap ! Feeling good for the day ! My first day around The... more travel advice
A few minutes later, I took another snap... The sky colurs just changed slightly ! This is the first experience for me... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Winchcombe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sudeley Castle & Gardens"
- "Winchcombe and Sudeley Castle"
- "Winchcombe, my ancestral home!"
- "My Cotswold Route..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winchcombe
- 18 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Winchcombe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winchcombe
Photos in WinchcombeSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues