"Lakeside Holiday..." Top 5 Page for this destination Obcina Bohinj by coceng
Obcina Bohinj Travel Guide: 208 reviews and 492 photos
TRIGLAV NATIONAL PARK<<<<<BOHINJ>>>>>ZAGREB
It was on Sunday; Was told by the girl at the Youth Hostel that I might had a problem in getting the bus back to Bohinj..so what !...Well, I said to her..maybe there's one last bus for that day ?....I was correct, there was a bus at 7.50 pm.....
It was not a long ride, maybe about 40 minutes, from Bled at 4.20 pm;....by bus.
Confirmed with the bus driver that there would be a bus back to Bled around 7.50 pm...The driver said "Seven forty.. "...okay.
There were people almost everywhere...mostly the family-types, with caravans, cars, bikes....
Walking towards the lake, so beautiful, took photos right away....Lake Bohinj offers me the sceneries not seen in Bled; The lake was easy to approach, unlike in Bled, we have to go through certain embankments...pay the tickets etc.
Lake Bohinj is an open lake & people were lying by the lake & some activities were carried on, on the lake, kayaking, canoeing etc.
The mountain sceneries are just amazing !.....Paragliding, hangliding were seen from the distance.....
It started to drizzle....people just lazily got up but the kids were still playing...
Came upon this 'goat statue'....wanted to take a photo but there's this boy sitting on it...Asked him to get down....no English.
Managed to get the photo when his parents called him...
Lake Bohinj is still surrounded by green trees....& I would love to explore more these areas....
Looking at my watch,...said to myself that I had to wait for the bus to get back to Bled....
The bus stop was nice....sort of like a hut, made from tree trunks...Looking if anybody was noticing me when I took a pen & scribbled my name on the wall of the bus stop...Nobody's looking, good.
While waiting, I saw young guys & girls were just standing my the road side in front of me, flagging any car to the direction where my bus was going....Hitch-hiking !...
Should I do the same ?....Thinking about it....maybe I should.....maybe I shouldn't ...it looked safe....
...Then, my bus was coming & so I got on right away....& safely back to Bled....
Told about Lake Bohinj to some of the room mates....
Slept in the Youth Hostel in Bled that night & the following day, caught a bus back to Ljubljana & caught the immediate train to Zagreb.
- Pros:Amazingly Beautiful Sceneries All Around
- Cons:Sometimes Fogs Surrounded The Lake Bohinj
- In a nutshell:Circle The Lake Bohinj For A Day !
Here, you can see the areas surrounding Lake Bohinj. You can use this map as your driving map as well, because the... more travel advice
This last photo was taken behind the bus stop, a car park. Showing the areas in the distance are covered with mountains... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Obcina Bohinj Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most beautiful alpine lake in Slovenia"
- "A heavently place in Slovenia ...."
- "Bohinjsko jezero - Ribicev laz"
- "Lakeside Holiday..."
- "Bohinjsko jezero; the ideal alpine lake & villages"
- "Stunning scenery and blissful peace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Obcina Bohinj
- Hotels in Obcina Bohinj
- Transportation in Obcina Bohinj
- Nightlife in Obcina Bohinj
- Restaurants in Obcina Bohinj
- Warnings and Dangers in Obcina Bohinj
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Obcina Bohinj
- 25 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Obcina Bohinj?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obcina Bohinj
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues