"A Paradise Called Cinque Terre..." Corniglia by coceng
Corniglia Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 240 photos
Little by little, the information technology had made come closer to Cinque Terre. It's in Italy, by this time I could pronounce the 2 words like an Italian.
I got to go here; 5 towns; by the sea. Yes, I know. When I did my planning to this side of God's country, I wanted to go to all 5; me, greedy.
Vladimir guy (who he ? Go to Monsagrati Page) drove me to La Spezia. Get the ever so friendly combined regional ticket from the Information & I sat sail to Cinque Terre; first stop : Corniglia.
Maybe I was horny, maybe I was curious, maybe I was...I was...I was...whatever, I reached Corniglia.
Almost perched on a cliff by the sea; this is the place, man !
My trip to heaven started here, well, my first encounter with the long dark, lit by dim lights, tunnel...(whoever says going to heaven must be big flash lights glamour is going to hell instead)
Looking for that tunnel; found it; pressed the button, cocksure-ly, said the password : GUVANO (make sure I didn't sound like an American), & my permission to enter was granted.
That long dark walk, only lit by dim lights & a couple behind me. Kept on walking & the light at the end of a tunnel always escites me.
Greeted by an old man, no he's not the real God but maybe he owns this 'place'.
I got a discount, just because I was holding a guidebook by an American travel writer. The truth is I discovered THIS place thanks to this travel writer.
What did I do there ? Loads, mind you. Walking, watching, had fun, took photos; swimming (of course), my own private place in Cinque Terre.
I spent 1 whole day here in Corniglia; I forgot the whole behind me, I forgot who I was (that I was/am Asian; well, I didn't see ANY so why should I admittted that I was from the Eastern Hemisphere of the globe).
I even forgot the other 4 Cinque Terre towns that I was supposed to pay a visit ! That was really cruel; wasted my combined Cinque Terre ticket ? Nahh.
I had to go, all good things must come to an end, people say. Agree ?
Took the train back to Lucca & asked my sweet Geraldine to come & fetched me back to Vladimir's comfortness.
Cinque Terre means 5 lands...so apart from Corniglia, there are 4 more towns :Monterosso al... more travel advice
In this area also, we can see some yachts saling nearby, not too near to the rocks though. Somebody told me that... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Corniglia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Corniglia - on the Cinque Terre"
- "Perched among the vineyards"
- "The third village of the Cinque Terre...."
- "Welcome to the Center of Cinque Terre!"
- "Quietest town in Cinque Terre"
- "Up the steps to the hilltop........."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corniglia
- Hotels in Corniglia
- Transportation in Corniglia
- Restaurants in Corniglia
- Shopping in Corniglia
- Warnings and Dangers in Corniglia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Corniglia
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Corniglia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corniglia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues