"A New Federal Teritory...PUTRAJAYA" Top 5 Page for this destination Putrajaya by coceng
Putrajaya Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 369 photos
Right ! Wilayah Persekutuan means Federal Teritory in Malay language.
Kuala Lumpur is also a 'Wilayah Persekutuan'. Another one is in Borneo Island, in the State of Sabah : Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan.
Right ! My first trip to Putrajaya was on the evening of February 25th 2004; Got bored after coming back from work. Went down to Petaling Street to get me a 'bootleg' tripod. Bootleg here means cheap (not original, branded tripod...).
Got a good one & I was dying to use it right away !
I had enough of walking around KL at night, snapping photos, not to mentioned bumping into dragqueens many times...so, I was not keen on that anymore.
Asked the lady at the tripod stall on how to get to Putrajaya. She was like, "What ! At this time of the night ?!"....It was only 8 pm.
I said yes...She's not sure but asked me to flag a cab & asked the driver.
So I did.
A Chinese man, I said "Hello Uncle*, do you go to Putrajaya ?".
It's normal to address someone older than you as 'uncle' if it's a man or 'auntie' if it's a woman, in Malaysia...regardless of the person's race.
Anyway, the guy looked at me & said no, he wouldn't go to Putrajaya because it's not easy for him to get another passenger, coming back to KL.
I said what if I wanted to charter his cab, going & after that, taking me back to KL in his cab....He said how much I wanted to pay.
I said, "Errr, RM 30 ...(about 7 USD) going & RM 30 coming back !".
He said "Okeh !".
Putrajaya, is an area covering 4,931 hectares of land ! That is big !
It is situated roughly about 25 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur and 20 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang.
The planning of Putrajaya emphasises the preservation of its eco-system while promoting an active, lively and caring society. The city is designed to provide opportunity for retreat from the pressures and stress of modern living.
Putrajaya is a planned city being built according to a series of comprehensive policies and guidelines for land use, transportation system, utilities, infrastructure, housing, public amenities, information technology, parks and gardens.
So,...I went there during the night, taking photos !
I would certainly coming back to this grand place & surely would take more photos !
- Pros:It's A Beautiful Place, A Grand Place !
- Cons:Not Easy To Reach If You Don't Have A Transport ! Get A Cab Or Hire A Taxi !
- In a nutshell:The Amazing Architectures Would Lure You Here...
people told me that eating or dining in Putrajaya is expensive ! I didn't have the time to check as when I was there the... more travel advice
This is the main gate to the palace...Can you see the guard standing there looking at us ? The cab driver did all the... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Putrajaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Administrative Capital of Malaysia"
- "PUTRAJAYA - government administration centre"
- "Putrajaya Malaysia"
- "A New Federal Teritory...PUTRAJAYA"
- "THE PRINCE AS IT IS!!!!"
- "Putrajaya - New Capital"
- "The path to the new city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Putrajaya
- Hotels in Putrajaya
- Transportation in Putrajaya
- Nightlife in Putrajaya
- Restaurants in Putrajaya
- Shopping in Putrajaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Putrajaya
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Putrajaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Putrajaya
Photos in PutrajayaSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues