"A New Federal Teritory...PUTRAJAYA" Top 5 Page for this destination Putrajaya by coceng

Putrajaya Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 380 photos

Right ! Wilayah Persekutuan means Federal Teritory in Malay language.

Kuala Lumpur is also a 'Wilayah Persekutuan'. Another one is in Borneo Island, in the State of Sabah : Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan.

Right ! My first trip to Putrajaya was on the evening of February 25th 2004; Got bored after coming back from work. Went down to Petaling Street to get me a 'bootleg' tripod. Bootleg here means cheap (not original, branded tripod...).
Got a good one & I was dying to use it right away !
I had enough of walking around KL at night, snapping photos, not to mentioned bumping into dragqueens many times...so, I was not keen on that anymore.
Asked the lady at the tripod stall on how to get to Putrajaya. She was like, "What ! At this time of the night ?!"....It was only 8 pm.
I said yes...She's not sure but asked me to flag a cab & asked the driver.
So I did.
A Chinese man, I said "Hello Uncle*
, do you go to Putrajaya ?".
It's normal to address someone older than you as 'uncle' if it's a man or 'auntie' if it's a woman, in Malaysia...regardless of the person's race.
Anyway, the guy looked at me & said no, he wouldn't go to Putrajaya because it's not easy for him to get another passenger, coming back to KL.
I said what if I wanted to charter his cab, going & after that, taking me back to KL in his cab....He said how much I wanted to pay.
I said, "Errr, RM 30 ...(about 7 USD) going & RM 30 coming back !".
He said "Okeh !".

Continue...

PUTRAJAYA
Putrajaya, is an area covering 4,931 hectares of land ! That is big !
It is situated roughly about 25 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur and 20 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang.

The planning of Putrajaya emphasises the preservation of its eco-system while promoting an active, lively and caring society. The city is designed to provide opportunity for retreat from the pressures and stress of modern living.

Putrajaya is a planned city being built according to a series of comprehensive policies and guidelines for land use, transportation system, utilities, infrastructure, housing, public amenities, information technology, parks and gardens.

So,...I went there during the night, taking photos !
I would certainly coming back to this grand place & surely would take more photos !

• Pros:It's A Beautiful Place, A Grand Place !
  • Cons:Not Easy To Reach If You Don't Have A Transport ! Get A Cab Or Hire A Taxi !
  • In a nutshell:The Amazing Architectures Would Lure You Here...
  • Intro Updated Apr 9, 2004

coceng

“It's a silent world only if we keep our eyes shut...”

Badges & Stats in Putrajaya

Have you been to Putrajaya?

Latest Activity in Putrajaya