Aleppo Warnings Or Dangers Tips by coceng
Aleppo Warnings and Dangers: 18 reviews and 25 photos
Don't talk anything religious or politic with anybody in Aleppo !
If they ask about your country, maybe you should lie about it ?
I had a good laugh when I met a German girl who was studying Arabic language in Jordan & she had travelled around The Middle East extensively.
She had a piercing just under her lips; I asked her whether the people around The Middle East asked her some questions about it.
She said, "Yes, of course !"
I asked her what was her reply ?
She said, "Oh ! Everybody in my country has a piercing under their lips !"
We had a good laugh !
This happens too often to me when walking around in The Souqs !
Even if you want to just look, the shopkeepers will ask you to buy the things that you look at !
Make sure to say, "La !"...As usual when visiting The Middle East anyway.
Some shopkeepers took the things that I was looking at, put them in a plastic bag & tossed it me & said the price !
We would feel guilty if we don't buy it, maybe that's what they thought ?
They will start saying that they didn't have any business for that day or the children hadn't eaten anything for the day etc etc.
Yes, of course I felt sorry for them, of course I would love to help but money was as tight for me !
Would they thought of that ?
Well, no danger whatsoever but the communication could be a problem sometimes.
Not everybody could speak English & it pays to learn a few basic Arabic words.
When you ask for a place, please let a pen & a paper handy; Ask the locals to write them down in Arabic so that you can show what's written on that piece of paper instead of saying the wrong pronunciations !
More Reviews (55)
coceng's Related Pages
Aleppo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aleppo is the place to be!!!"
- "Aleppo - حلب"
- "Aleppo - the Oldest City in the World"
- "Syria's second city - unique and wonderful."
- "Aleppine Photos - Dec 2006"
- "Vt-meeting at Touring Club"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aleppo
- Hotels in Aleppo
- Transportation in Aleppo
- Nightlife in Aleppo
- Restaurants in Aleppo
- Shopping in Aleppo
- Warnings and Dangers in Aleppo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bridgeton Hotels
- Montrouge Hotels
- Breda Hotels
- Diego Garcia
- Kaeleku Hotels
- Mont Saint Michel Warnings and Dangers
- Tombstone Warnings and Dangers
- Bandung Warnings and Dangers
- Belgium Warnings and Dangers
- Valparaíso Warnings and Dangers
- The area around the main station
- Public Peace
- Carcassonne Warnings and Dangers
- Kalvarija Warnings and Dangers
- St. John's Warnings and Dangers
- Yellowstone National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Newark Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Aleppo
- 58 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Aleppo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aleppo
- Posted in Travel Greece Forum "Re: 4-5 days in Greece..."
- Wrote a Review Around Aleppo Citadel... about Citadel in Aleppo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Around Aleppo Citadel..."
- updated a Aleppo Travel Page "The World Oldest City Called Halab !"
- Commented on one of Sambawalk's Aleppo travel pages
Photos in AleppoSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
Latest Aleppo hotel reviews
- Chahba Cham Palace Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2010
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2012
- Beit Salahieh Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 24, 2012
- Coral Julia Dumna Hotel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2012
- Sheraton Aleppo Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Dar Halabia Hotel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2011
- Mandaloun Hotel-Restaurant Aleppo
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2012
- Mirage Palace
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2011
- Dar Zamaria
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Amir Palace Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Tourist Hotel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 6, 2012
- Baron Hotel
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2012
- BEIT WAKIL
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2012
- Ramsis Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 22, 2011
- Planet Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2011
- Citadel- 49 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Christian Quarter- 16 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Umayyad Mosque- 19 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Souqs- 17 Reviews, 44 Photos
- National Museum- 8 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Madrassa Halawiyya- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- The Old City- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Bab Antakya - Antioch Gate- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Yalbouga Hammam- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Hammam Yalbougha An Nasry- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Aleppo Things to Do