"Paris Of The Middle East ? Not Really..." Beirut by coceng
Beirut Travel Guide: 924 reviews and 1,814 photos
I was really excited in reaching Beirut ! My first trip to The Middle East & I chose Beirut (over Amman) as my first destination for this first trip ! Although I stopped over in Dubai, that doesn't count as I do not know anything about it apart from my brother had been there...
Smooth flight by MAS Airline; Arrived in Beirut at 2 pm (local time).
Click HERE for some photos of this flight journey...
After getting my luggage & cleared customs I went out ! All I wanted to do first was to smoke but taxi drivers one by one asked me where I wanted to go ! I had to shake my head millions of times !
I could say, "Wait ! I wanted to smoke first !"...but would they understand ?!
After smoking, I looked for a tourist office to escape the taxi drivers & this nice & beautiful young lady was very helpful in explaining me to move around Beirut.
She gave me many brochures !
Before I left her desk, she said, "You are very brave !
I asked what she meant by that. She smiled & said that I would still wanted to come to her country inspite of what have been written in the world medias of the political events (all bad) that had happened for the last few months in Beirut...
I smiled back but I thought she shouldn't remind any tourist of that !
Beirut is the capital of Lebanon & Beirut is still being built.
The civil war is something that Beirut doesn't want to be associated with, life goes on...
The world medias on the other hand keep on reminding us, visitors or not...of the history in Beirut particularly for the last 10 years or so.
What a shame as Beirut could be a good attraction to visitors coming to The Middle East.
Beirut is certainly an easy city to move around once you muster the roads & the buildings.
The Mediterranean Sea is an added vibe to Beirut as walking along the corniche is a must when you are in Beirut.
Lively activities can be seen on the corniche.
The most visible hazard in Beirut is the traffic ! Crazy drivings can be seen or be experienced whether you are on a vehicle or not !
National Museum of Beirut will offer the visitors some glimpses of this city, known to have The Romans built some of their strategic buildings in here long ago...
So, will Beirut be Paris Of The Middle East ?
Surely if the car horns could be replaced with some real instruments, then why not ?
...Why not ?
- Pros:A City Still Struggling To Make A Name...
- Cons:Oh The Traffic ! Crazy !...
- In a nutshell:At Least Walking Along The Corniche...Until You Reach The Pigeon Rocks !
This was my last photo taken in Beirut. Enough of me seeing the bad traffics around Beirut ! I dunno, this last photo... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Beirut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beirut - بيروت"
- "Home sweet home :-)"
- "**********MY HOME**********"
- "Beyrouth - the capital of Lebanon"
- "Beirut -a phoenix risen from the ashes"
- "BEIRUT - Independent - Free and - United"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beirut
- Hotels in Beirut
- Transportation in Beirut
- Nightlife in Beirut
- Restaurants in Beirut
- Shopping in Beirut
- Warnings and Dangers in Beirut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beirut
- 43 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Beirut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beirut
Photos in BeirutSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues