"The World Of Stalactites & Stalagmites !" J`ita by coceng
J`ita Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 14 photos
Jeota Grotto is a series of caves which contains one of the world's most amazing creations of stalactities & stalagmites !
Stretching inside the mountains for 6 km but only a few kms can be visited.
These caves are the source of Nahr Al-Kalb, which in English is it called Dog River.
During The Civil War, these caves were used as ammunition stores...
Hence, some parts of the caves have been ruined forever !
These caves were opened to the public in 1995 & slowly becomes Lebanon's tourist attraction.
In order to reach Jeita Grotto, it's best to hire a taxi from Beirut or Byblos as there's no public transports reaching these caves.
The signs are well-posted to reach here...
We then, buy the ticket & take the cable car to the entrance.
NO PHOTOGRAPHY IS ALLOWED !
The camera & camcorder must be left at the entrance...There are locker boxes for this purpose.
Inside, taking the boat is included in the excursion around the caves.
Allow about 1 to 2 hours...
1 - 1 of 1
coceng's Related Pages
J`ita Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in J`ita
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to J`ita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in J`ita
Photos in J`itaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues