"A Busy Town" Urganch by coceng
Urganch Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
I passed through Urgench twice, both was to go to Khiva & out from Khiva, on the way to Nukus.
It seemed that Urgench was just a transport hub where you can catch vehicles to various destinations in the western parts of Uzbekistan.
If you want to change money, Urgench is also a good place to do so.
The first time I passed through this busy town :
8th June 2008 (Sunday) :
The bus I took from Samarkhand arrived in Urgench at about 11 am.
Although Murad told me that we could've had arrived much sooner than that.
Well, the bus driver was carrying so many goods behind the bus that he had to make many stops to unloading them.
I got out from the bus & Murad wanted to treat me lunch !
How nice !
I accepted it.
He took me to a nice restaurant.
We were seated at a dark corner & Bryan Adam's music was playing in the background.
Couldn't remember what song.
How stupidly romantic.
We both laughed.
We had plov of course.
After lunch, Murad took me to a trolley bus station.
Destination Khiva which was about 1 hour away by trolley bus.
We waited about 20 minutes.
Murad even paid for my ride to Khiva.
So, I was on my way to Khiva.
10th June 2008 (Tuesday) :
The 2nd time I was in Urgench was the mashrutka ride with Phil & Kamel from Khiva.
We didn't want to take the trolley bus as it was about 1 hour ride.
With mashrutka, it was only about half hour.
The mashrutka stopped us in the middle of the bustle of Urgench.
Honings, people were everywhere.
Kamel parted with us as he would have his plan to enter Turkmenistan.
Phil & me walked to a bank.
National Bank of Uzbekistan.
It'd also be the first time for me changing my travelers checks in Uzbekistan.
coceng's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Urganch
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Urganch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Urganch
Photos in UrganchSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues