Kampong Masjid Tanah Off The Beaten Path Tips by coceng
Kampong Masjid Tanah Off The Beaten Path: 15 reviews and 15 photos
An excursion from KL, in Tg. Biadara
More beach sight at Tanjung Bidara Beach.
You really have to arrive at this beach if you are in Kuala Lumpur ! It'll be about 3 hours the most, by express buses or a taxi or better still, rent a car (if you know the roads in Malaysia...).
An empty shell...in Tg. Bidara.
Another 'sea-shell'....an empty one, lied on the rock...
I picked it up & put it in my bag, unlike the 'belangkas' which was too big for me to carry anyway...
That's what normally people like to do when walking on the beach right ?....Picking whatever we could find ?..
My nephew & niece by the sea in Tg. Bidara...
These 2 kids playing by the sea...well, they are my nephew & niece !
They had their first big walking by the sea just to accompany me taking photos...
Whenever I was busy focussing on something, they would take times to 'wet' their feet....
The colourful small pier...in Tg. Bidara
Walking more further, I came to a place where there are more people...
Families with kids swimming in the sea, have a picnic by the sea in Tanjung Bidara Beach.
Notice the small colourful pier in the distance, we shall arrive there soon.....
MACAM BELANGKAS !...in Tg. Bidara...
if you are lucky, you would be able to see some pre-historic sea creatures creeping out from the sea into the beach of Tanjung Bidara.
I really don't know the name in English but in Malay it's called 'belangkas.
Normally 'belangkas' comes in pairs...as the Malay proverb "MACAM BELANGKAS ! IT MEANS IF 2 PERSONS ARE ALWAYS TOGETHER WHEREVER THEY GO, THEY ARE 'LIKE BELANGKAS !".
It does look like a pre-historic sea creature yes ? Anyway, you can see this creature...once in a while; We don't eat them but we like to use their shells to hang on walls !
Clean huge rocks in Tg. Bidara...
More huge rocks around Tanjung Bidara Beach.
Normally when it comes to rocks, people like to scribble something on them...yes ?
Well, not here...I wonder why ?...Not that I want to start doing that errant !
The scenery does look like coming to an uncharted island...
Anyway, just enjoy the sight...
My Paradise...in Tg. Bidara
I love this...there's nobody in sight ! Just like as I remember the sight from the last 10 years or so...
Me & friends would run around the area like kids...making it our 'paradise' !
I am not a beach person, neither I could swim well, but being in a place this beautiful, this tranquil, this clean...makes me want to 'preserve' the vibe for a long time indeed !
Clean & beautiful in Tg. Bidara...
Tanjung Bidara Beach is clean & a great place to be in !
As you walk further, the Malay village/houses will be more scarce; Instead bushes & trees would take the areas...
Looking at these photos bring back many memories for me...It feels that it has been preserved for the last 10 years or so !
More boats by the sea...in Tg. Bidara
If the front of you is the Strait of Melaka (the sea...) then, behind you would be Malay 'kampungs' or Malay villages where everyday activities can be seen....
On the photo is another line of boats residing be the trees...
Rocks by the beach in Tg. Biadara...
Here on Tanjung Bidara Beach, we get to see big stones by the beach, near the water.
Many sea creatures dwell themself, clung to these huge rocks....
The sight itself is great !
More Reviews (35)
coceng's Related Pages
Kampong Masjid Tanah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY KAMPUNG..."
- "Masjid Tanah"
- "Kampong Masjid Tanah"
- "Kampong Masjid Tanah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kampong Masjid Tanah
- Hotels in Kampong Masjid Tanah
- Transportation in Kampong Masjid Tanah
- See All...
Explore the World
- Denali National Park and Preserve
- Saddina Hotels
- Oud-Heverlee Hotels
- Pak Tam Chung Hotels
- Saga-ken Hotels
- Trevignano Romano
- Walking & hiking
- Tokyo Off The Beaten Path
- Saudi Arabia Off The Beaten Path
- Exeter Off The Beaten Path
- Brecon Beacons
- Gold Coast Off The Beaten Path
- Tahoe City Off The Beaten Path
- Rio de Janeiro Off The Beaten Path
- Varazdin Off The Beaten Path
- Krasnodar Off The Beaten Path
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Kampong Masjid Tanah
- 49 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Kampong Masjid Tanah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Masjid Tanah
Photos in Kampong Masjid TanahSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues