"MY KAMPUNG..." Kampong Masjid Tanah by coceng
Kampong Masjid Tanah Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 87 photos
...literally means My Hometown in Malay language...so, I shall present here :
This is my hometown !
(Feel like I'm doing an essay during my very happy childhood/primary school years...).
This was the place where I came from !
This was the small town which I always felt comfortable with (still do...); Which also made me wanted to go out from !
It was a small town...it is now a busy small town ! It is always a colourful small town !
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE PHOTOS THE MOSQUE...
So, I shall called this place as just Masjid Tanah, okay.
It is situated about 25 to 28 km away from Melaka Town & MELAKA is the number ONE Historical State in Peninsula Malaysia.
Have a visit to my Melaka Town Page, you could see traces of The Dutch, The Portugese, The Old Malay/Chinese Cultures & Customs... which come from one of the biggest ports in the 16th century ! Look at Melaka Town now...
I used to bring my visiting friends to the beach of Tanjung Bidara !
We would run along the beach & swam in the sea like small kids (although we were not kids anymore...).
It felt like a paradise !...
Looking at the photos now, they sure bring back my sweet childhood memories; Memories of being an indie music fan ! I used to write to many small bands the world over 'begging' tapes & CDs from them ! I still keep their letters & of course the stuffs that they sent me !
The roof, the curtains, the windows & the steps to enter the house...all can still be seen in Tanjung Bidara...
I invite you all to come to 'my kampung' ! Take a taxi from Masjid Tanah town; Hey ! Ask the taxi driver to show you around & I'm sure they would love to !
Experience this beautiful small village by the sea & guess what, you could find some good cheap chalets along the beach if you want to stay longer; Talk to the locals, play with the local kids, look for the 'pre-historic' creatures along the shores...Ahhh ! The paradise is beckoning you guys here in this place called TANJUNG BIDARA !
- Pros:My Paradise (Lost In Times...).
- Cons:I Couldn't wait To Get Back To MY Real Habitat in Kuala Lumpur !
- In a nutshell:A Day Or 2; Excursion from Kuala Lumpur...
Now, this is a 'surau'...or rather a small mosque in Masjid Tanah. Situated very near to the Bus /Taxi Station so that... more travel advice
This is a small stream running through Masjid Tanah...It used to be so dirty ! Not anymore I guess... My late father... more travel advice
coceng's Related Pages
Kampong Masjid Tanah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY KAMPUNG..."
- "Masjid Tanah"
- "Kampong Masjid Tanah"
- "Kampong Masjid Tanah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kampong Masjid Tanah
- Hotels in Kampong Masjid Tanah
- Transportation in Kampong Masjid Tanah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Masjid Tanah
- 49 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Kampong Masjid Tanah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Masjid Tanah
Photos in Kampong Masjid TanahSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues