"Genting Highland..." Genting by coceng

Genting Travel Guide: 363 reviews and 1,041 photos

Right ! I went to Genting Highland !
To some people, going to Genting Highland is to gamble ! Yep ! There are casinos, jackpots...& what-have-yous, gambling-wise on Genting Highland !
Genting Highland is also a theme park...Funny, only non-Muslims can enter the gambling areas but for us Muslims, we can have jolly fun at the theme park...

I went there with 2 of my friends. We didn't go there to gamble but because these 2 guys were scratching their heads as to why I had been to some nice places in Europe but never in my own country !
So, I took them there !
They had been here before, they knew all the merry-go-rounds, roller-coasters in the theme park !

So, for me going there was to take photos ! My cheap conventional camera (didn't even knew digital cameras exist then...); Liked the area, I should come here again.
Without these 2 friends of course because I had to treat them all the times !
They even said if I didn't bring enough money then we could sneek into the casinos & win bucketloads of money !
Rascals they we are, we knew the backdoors to enter the casinos anyway but we spent one whole day cruising the theme park instead !
We took the roller-coaster rides many times, we had sore bum !

A MUST SEE...

It is situated 51 km from Kuala Lumpur.
Accessible by air & road.
Located at approximately 2000 meters above sea level.Genting Highland is less than an hours drive from Kuala Lumpur. A mere fifteen minutes in helicopter through the clouds and you will discover this beautiful hill resort.

There are many attractions in Genting Highlands. Attractions at this cool mountain weather resort include an artificial lake, a horse ranch which offers equestrian sport, a sixteen lane bowling alley and a heated indoor swimming pool, a cable ride car from 914 meters up to the resort at 1768 meters.

Attractions :

Casino De Genting :
Undoubtedly one of the most talked about casinos in the world. A great variety of games that provide non stop action ! At the tables – Bacaret, Black Jack, Roulette, Tao Sai, Money Wheel, French Boule, or at the machines - Progressive Jack Pot, Royal Ascot, Horse Racing Machines, Sports car jack pot and many more.

Genting Theme Park :
Step into this unique world of exciting fun and amusement. There is a multitude of challenging games , spectacular shows as well as cornucopia of food and refreshment at the genting theme park. Have fun in the clouds with our enticing range of breath taking rides.

• Pros:Beautiful Place Amidst The Clouds...
  • Cons:Come On ! Don't Come Here Just To Gamble Your Money Away !
  • In a nutshell:If You Are Tired Of KL, Do Come Here ! ( ...And Have A Sore Bum !)...
  • Last visit to Genting: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 30, 2004

coceng

“It's a silent world only if we keep our eyes shut...”

Badges & Stats in Genting

Have you been to Genting?

Latest Activity in Genting