"The Place That I Would Bring My friends To..." Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves by coceng

Batu Caves Travel Guide: 216 reviews and 488 photos

On Chinese New Year Day, I was not doing anything...So I thought to go out & the only place that I could think of was Batu Caves !
In Malay language, 'Batu' means ROCK, so Batu Caves literally could mean CAVES OF ROCKS !
It is a sacred place for the Indians as one of their big celebrations is being held here every year in January or February...
That big celebration is called THAIPUSAM.
I have been to Batu Caves many times in my life but when I was small & at school, I always wondered how the place was like...
Looking at photos of how nice some of scenes inside & around the caves would be like....Looking at Indians with their 'kavadis' on their backs & all those big piercings penetrating their bodies...
It must be really a sacred place I always thought to myself.
This time I went there to take photos, well for VT ! Aren't you guys just lucky to see more of Malaysia ? From me ?
Anyway, I was accompanied by a Swedish friend....that I met on the Net who's on the trip to South East Asia for about 2 weeks.
We called up a cab & the journey took only about 20 minutes 'cos it's near to Bandar Utama, the area where I live.
Batu Caves is in the district called Selayang.
Looking at the photos that I took on here, I should have taken photos the first few times I was there because some parts of the caves do change ! Not the layouts but maybe the lights....The caves are more bright now !
Anyhow, just enjoy the photos & maybe some of my texts would be any use for you guys to get to know about Batu Caves !

MUST SEE

Batu Caves is an attraction to visitors coming to KL but only if you see the photos of Batu Caves somewhere or maybe people have been telling you about Batu Caves.
It's easy to reach from KL; take a cab or a bus....
To enter the caves, we don't need to pay anything...it's free to enter but if you want to rent an audio guide or even a tour guide, then you have to pay; Maybe you get to know more about the caves of what's already written, I'm not sure....

• Pros:One Place That Visitors Must Go While In KL...
  • Cons:Some People Can't Take The Smell Of Incents !
  • In a nutshell:Climb Up The 272 Steps Onto Batu Caves...Then Come Down !
  • Last visit to Batu Caves: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 22, 2004

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2008 at 7:27 PM

never knew you had a gazillion pics of BC !! :O good job lah :-)

• atufft's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Excellent light show in the caves! Grand build up to the finale!

• y_lyn's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Very detailed account of the Batu Caves!! Think my parents brought me here a few times before when I was still a child... cannot quite remember already. Will definitely visit the caves again soon :)

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 6:40 PM

what extensive coverage of the great Batu Caves. excellent pics!

• Oct 28, 2004 at 9:37 AM

Great picture!

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 7:15 AM

Very interesting place, loved the Divine Light pic ~ Helen

• Ali&Steve's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2004 at 11:30 AM

Those caves look totally amazing! Fantastic pics too. Now I'll be up half the night reading the rest of your pages. Ali

• dassi's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 2:43 PM

Them Batu Caves are a must if I ever come your way. Once again Good Job !!!!

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2004 at 5:48 AM

Sounds like a fascinating place!! Thanks. For your spelling correction, there is no "d" in Pigeon....but I only told you b/c you asked. Best wishes.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2004 at 1:34 PM

Never heard of them. Great job, some excellent pics.

coceng

“It's a silent world only if we keep our eyes shut...”

Badges & Stats in Batu Caves

Have you been to Batu Caves?

Latest Activity in Batu Caves