"The most known Ukrainain town" Chornobyl by IngaA
Chornobyl Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 97 photos
That's what is written on the monument. Being a 'paphos-hater' I don't geel anything pathetic here because THIS IS TRUE.
Every year, on April 26, relatives and friends of those who sacrified their lives there, as well as many of us who are forever grateful to them, light a candle.
This is 'memory alley' dedicated to those who are now in better world (if it exists of course)
P.S. Picture is taken from Internet but I hope authors will forgive me. People must see that.
This is the ancient name of Chornobyl. That's how it was mentioned in chronicles of Kyivan Rus times. That time it was a part of Chernihiv douchy, the bordeting town. Strezhev, it merans 'Storozhevoy', the 'gardering town' in old slavic language.
It was renaimed much letter. Before 1917 tghe town was 2/3 'Jewish', as Jews were allowed to live there. There were 5 cynagogues and only 1 orthodox church. Even now a lot of old buildings exist and they are just left like they are. They are lost in a forest, sometimes you don't really understand where you are, in a garden. por a forest, but definitely not in a city!
- Pros:What can be 'good' in such case? ... I wish I could answer
- In a nutshell:Words are useless and helpless
This is the bridge over Prypyat river (the town was named after it). It shows a breaathtaking view on gorgeous nature of... more travel advice
This is one of the most high buildings in the dead town. It was built in mid-70ies. At that time it must have looked... more travel advice
IngaA's Related Pages
Chornobyl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most known Ukrainain town"
- "Chornobyl - a world center of contamination"
- "Visiting Chernobyl"
- "avdb1948's new Chornobyl Page"
- "Welcome Chornobyl !"
- "DanaK's Chornobyl Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chornobyl
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Chornobyl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chornobyl
Photos in ChornobylSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Zagreb Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 43 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 39 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yalta Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varazdin Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Hungary Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Yerevan Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Kumrovec Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue