"The place where 3 states come together" Top 5 Page for this destination Uzhhorod by IngaA
Uzhhorod Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 368 photos
A charming city in Trans Carpathian region, the "Wetsrnest" point of Ukraine.
It was a part of Austrian0Hungarian empire, but it belonged to its "hungarian" part. A lot of people there speak hungarian more fluently than ukrainian.
The city is "divided" in two parts by Uzh, which can seem quite small but it causes a lot of trouble in spring time when the waters come from Carpathian mountains and the city often suffers of flood. The city centre is typically European, with narrow streets and nice buildings of classic, barocco and renaissernce style.
- Pros:Atmosphere, wine, cogniak :))
- Cons:spring water floods
- In a nutshell:A little peace of Hungary in Ukraine
As usual, the most "visited" place is the city centre. Romantic narrow streets, ancient buildings, little bars and Uzh... more travel advice
Uzhgorod is close to Carpathian, the main ski destination of Ukraine. Locals go to the ski resort station Sczerbyn. more travel advice
IngaA's Related Pages
Uzhhorod Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uzhhorod or Uzhgorod, city in Western-Ukraine"
- "Uzhhorod, town where Ukraine meets West"
- "The place where 3 states come together"
- "vas007's new Uzhhorod Page"
- "Uzhgorod transport part 4"
- "Under Construction"
- "UZGHOROD...Far From Anywhere"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uzhhorod
- Hotels in Uzhhorod
- Transportation in Uzhhorod
- Nightlife in Uzhhorod
- Restaurants in Uzhhorod
- Shopping in Uzhhorod
- Warnings and Dangers in Uzhhorod
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uzhhorod
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Uzhhorod?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uzhhorod
- Posted in Travel Portugal Forum "Re: Portugal in March - your..."
- Wrote a Review Uzhhorod castle in Uzhhorod Things to Do
- Commented on one of catnl's Uzhhorod travel pages
- created a Uzhhorod Travel Page "The place where 3 states come together"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The place where 3 states come together"
Top 10 Pages
- Zagreb Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 43 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 39 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yalta Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Varazdin Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Hungary Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Yerevan Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Kumrovec Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue