"Day trip to Marshall Tito's birth place" Kumrovec by IngaA
Kumrovec Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 118 photos
Yes, we outdid a VT tradition. It was not simply a VT meeting, it was a VT trip.
Attendees roadmates :
Zdenka aka Nykaenen
Roland aka luvcroatia
Jasmina aka Zdenka's friend
Inga aka fish
Roland is American working in Croatia and a big fan of this country, which is normal :)
He is Zdenka's friend (and now mine) and he was so kind to take us for that day trip by car. We met at Zdenka's place and - on monte la voiture et on part en aventure !
Croatia surpised me by people's friendliness. Don't take me wrong, I didn't suppose that they are bad. But it's not a secret that in CEE countries the attitude to ex-USSR is far from being the best, I'd say. I witnessed it quite often and heard a lot about that. Being myself from ex-USSR country I'm usually quite cautious, in particular speak only English.
There is 1 CE country where Ukrainians are considered as 2nd rate people. Don't ask me which one I won't say. Can just say that it's not Hungary. (Btw, as I can see by some comments, this my phrase produces "unhealthy curiousity". Don't ask and don't try to make ,me tell you. No means No. And please don't ask. thanks).
Well, knowing all this I was behaving as I usually do but what really surprised me in Croatia as that usually the conversation sounded like that :
- Where is she from ?
- Ukraine, - Zdenka answerd
- Nah, she is ours ! :)
Well, long live worldwide slavic brotherhood !
The first time I heard that, was in Klanjec, a small village where we stopped to take a pic of a beautiful church. Then we went to the bar and owner of the bar turned to be a Head of Tourist board of that place. Instead of a couple of minutes we spent the whole hour there. He was telling us plenty of stories, showed photoes from various festivals he participated to, let us try his home made wine, so we were treated as VIP persons :)
Well, here is the premises of the wine cellar. Of course, castle without wine cellar is impossible. On the picture it's... more travel advice
Well, no matter who of us is d'Artagnan (honestly, I always liked Atos more) but it is a kind of entertainment. In... more travel advice
Written Oct 18, 2003
Kumrovec and around
Written Nov 4, 2003
Musketeers of Veliki Tabor
IngaA's Related Pages
Kumrovec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kumrovec - the Old Village Museum"
- "Day trip to Marshall Tito's birth place"
- "Museum Old Village Kumrovec"
- "Titos birthplace & Village Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kumrovec
- Transportation in Kumrovec
- Nightlife in Kumrovec
- Restaurants in Kumrovec
- Warnings and Dangers in Kumrovec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kumrovec
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kumrovec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kumrovec
Photos in KumrovecSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Zagreb Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 43 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 39 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yalta Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Varazdin Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Hungary Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Yerevan Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Kumrovec Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue