"Day trip to Marshall Tito's birth place" Kumrovec by IngaA

Kumrovec Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 118 photos

VT day trip

Yes, we outdid a VT tradition. It was not simply a VT meeting, it was a VT trip.
Attendees roadmates :

Zdenka aka Nykaenen
Roland aka luvcroatia
Jasmina aka Zdenka's friend
Inga aka fish

Roland is American working in Croatia and a big fan of this country, which is normal :)
He is Zdenka's friend (and now mine) and he was so kind to take us for that day trip by car. We met at Zdenka's place and - on monte la voiture et on part en aventure !

On the way....

Croatia surpised me by people's friendliness. Don't take me wrong, I didn't suppose that they are bad. But it's not a secret that in CEE countries the attitude to ex-USSR is far from being the best, I'd say. I witnessed it quite often and heard a lot about that. Being myself from ex-USSR country I'm usually quite cautious, in particular speak only English.
There is 1 CE country where Ukrainians are considered as 2nd rate people. Don't ask me which one I won't say. Can just say that it's not Hungary. (Btw, as I can see by some comments, this my phrase produces "unhealthy curiousity". Don't ask and don't try to make ,me tell you. No means No. And please don't ask. thanks).
Well, knowing all this I was behaving as I usually do but what really surprised me in Croatia as that usually the conversation sounded like that :
- Where is she from ?
- Ukraine, - Zdenka answerd
- Nah, she is ours ! :)
Well, long live worldwide slavic brotherhood !
The first time I heard that, was in Klanjec, a small village where we stopped to take a pic of a beautiful church. Then we went to the bar and owner of the bar turned to be a Head of Tourist board of that place. Instead of a couple of minutes we spent the whole hour there. He was telling us plenty of stories, showed photoes from various festivals he participated to, let us try his home made wine, so we were treated as VIP persons :)

• Last visit to Kumrovec: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2003

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Hello, Inga!~ I see it was a great trip... Good for you! Greetings from the Far East of Ukraine!~

• Mironio's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2006 at 7:14 AM

Privet Rusalka! O4en horo6o napisala pro Horvatiu! A pro ex-CCCP i "biv6ie druzia" - takoe otno6enie glupo, no fact. Daje bolgarov ne lubiat, potomu 4to bliski kak ezik i istoria ..

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2005 at 7:03 AM

A very Merry Christmas to you my dear and I wish you a watery 2006 :o)

• Robertvp's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2003 at 1:59 PM

You should smile more often.......

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2003 at 9:12 AM

Intersting intro story! It seems that human minds (all over the world) change much slower than political and economic situations in new, free European countries. Don't worry - they are changing anyway :-))), while we travel and meet especially!

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2003 at 4:12 AM

One more pages of your great Croatian trip. Would (as Holger) also like to know which country you mean....

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2003 at 9:20 AM

Would love to see more photos, although I guess the pic of you and Zdenka in old clothes will remain the most interesting here :-) Zivjelo slavensko bratstvo!

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2003 at 11:53 AM

nice place to visit, but no pics about Tito s house, and local houses around, may be soon

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2003 at 11:47 AM

Interesting intro story ... it makes me curious to know which country you mean ... and I will keep questioning you .... :-)

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2003 at 7:50 AM

En Gard Beautiful Musketeer !

Badges & Stats in Kumrovec

Have you been to Kumrovec?

Latest Activity in Kumrovec