"Grad Zagreb" Zagreb by IngaA

Zagreb Travel Guide: 1,867 reviews and 4,713 photos

Ukrainians come!!!!

Well, as we all have VT friends here, I want to say that I'm not the exceptional case and also have friends. Even in spite of my terrible fishy nature.
One of those heroes whose patience has really no limits, and who can stand me (even managed to do it for almost 12 days) is famous winter sports lover Zdenka aka Nykaenen.
Remark : in our holiday preferences wre're the complite opposite to each others. She is absolutely winter person whilst me, I can't stand winter and colds. But the theory seems to work here, I mean that opposite sides are sticking to each others.
Lets' omit visa procedures, there was no anything extraordinary in that, I got it in time without any adventures.
Travelling B'pest-Zagreb by train takes about 6 hours and on Saturday, July 26 in the afternoon my Ukrainian legs stamped on Croatian soil. Zdenka picked me up at the railway station Zagreb Glavny kolodvor.

Zagreb, capital city

I must confess I heard some very controversial opinions about Zagreb. My friend's colleague once told me that when he saw a ic of Zagreb, he thought "what a beauty", but having visited it he was disappointed, he sais he was expecting more. Well, I don't judge him but I liked Zagreb. Well, it's not as big city as, for example, Budapest or my homecity Kyiv but dimensions are not smth that we use to "estimate" if we like or dislike the place.
If you ask me how much time you need to explore Zagreb, I'd say 3-4 days. Zdenka says 2 but I think it's in rush. For 3-4 days you can feel the city, see the places to see and have some fun there.
Descriptions of the places to visit will follow shortly.

• Pros:Nice capital of a beautiful country
  • Cons:High humidity, thunderstorms also occure
  • In a nutshell:City where you can find everything you need
  • Last visit to Zagreb: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Zagreb is a very attractive city which I would like to visit some day.....

• balfor's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2009 at 3:34 AM

Very nice! I hope you get time to see Zdenka while you're in Croatia! I still need to make it there and to Kyiv! if I make it to Poland next year I can make it to Kyiv as well. I'm going to be close to you so it wouldn't be good to miss seeing you!

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 9:41 AM

I am fine...I hope you always have water to play and swim in..

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2007 at 3:01 AM

Lake Jarun seems a very nice place to relax. Ciao!

• Jan 2, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Do you know how I can buy this ticket from Budapest-Zagreb online?

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 6:39 AM

Hi Inga! I spent a day in Zagreb in September on my way home and really liked the little I saw of it. I want to go back there. Good page here, hope you will finish the tips one day.

• ivana2005's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 6:14 AM

IngaA, Your statement posted in "Train ticket price" about Croatia, written on September 25, 2003. that "The train tickets are sold only round trip. " is totally untrue!! For ANY train ride you can buy one-way ticket OR a round trip.

• Saladinos's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 4:04 AM

Hi Inga. excitin stories i see. nice pages, keep up the good work. hope to see Egypt on your travel plans soon. Cheers

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2004 at 7:51 PM

I loved Drazen Petrovich, I cried when he died. You have very nice tips about Zagreb, Inga.

• SEALIFE's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 11:46 PM

Hi! The calling words of yours under the picture is good. Greetings,succesfull activities on VT

Badges & Stats in Zagreb