"Grad Zagreb" Zagreb by IngaA
Zagreb Travel Guide: 1,867 reviews and 4,713 photos
Well, as we all have VT friends here, I want to say that I'm not the exceptional case and also have friends. Even in spite of my terrible fishy nature.
One of those heroes whose patience has really no limits, and who can stand me (even managed to do it for almost 12 days) is famous winter sports lover Zdenka aka Nykaenen.
Remark : in our holiday preferences wre're the complite opposite to each others. She is absolutely winter person whilst me, I can't stand winter and colds. But the theory seems to work here, I mean that opposite sides are sticking to each others.
Lets' omit visa procedures, there was no anything extraordinary in that, I got it in time without any adventures.
Travelling B'pest-Zagreb by train takes about 6 hours and on Saturday, July 26 in the afternoon my Ukrainian legs stamped on Croatian soil. Zdenka picked me up at the railway station Zagreb Glavny kolodvor.
I must confess I heard some very controversial opinions about Zagreb. My friend's colleague once told me that when he saw a ic of Zagreb, he thought "what a beauty", but having visited it he was disappointed, he sais he was expecting more. Well, I don't judge him but I liked Zagreb. Well, it's not as big city as, for example, Budapest or my homecity Kyiv but dimensions are not smth that we use to "estimate" if we like or dislike the place.
If you ask me how much time you need to explore Zagreb, I'd say 3-4 days. Zdenka says 2 but I think it's in rush. For 3-4 days you can feel the city, see the places to see and have some fun there.
Descriptions of the places to visit will follow shortly.
- Pros:Nice capital of a beautiful country
- Cons:High humidity, thunderstorms also occure
- In a nutshell:City where you can find everything you need
Drazen Petrovic was a famous Croatian basketball player. He is burried at Mirogoj cemetry. His story is very sad. He... more travel advice
- See All The church of St. Mark
- See All August Senoa
- Hanging around
- See All Traditional croatian restaurant
IngaA's Related Pages
Zagreb Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ZAGREB MY HOME TOWN"
- "Love at first sight - Zagreb"
- "Underrated Zagreb"
- "Zagreb - city of blue trams"
- "Going through some changes..."
- "Zagreb, what a city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zagreb
- Hotels in Zagreb
- Transportation in Zagreb
- Nightlife in Zagreb
- Restaurants in Zagreb
- Shopping in Zagreb
- Warnings and Dangers in Zagreb
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zagreb
- 32 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Zagreb?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zagreb
- Posted in Travel Portugal Forum "Re: Portugal in March - your..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Neo-classical look of the town"
- updated a Zagreb Travel Page "Grad Zagreb"
- Wrote a Review Drazen Petrovic's grave about The cemetaries in Zagreb Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of diocletianvs's Zagreb travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Zagreb Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 43 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 39 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yalta Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Varazdin Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Hungary Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Yerevan Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Kumrovec Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue