"zwack's new Alameda Page" Alameda by zwack
Alameda Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 58 photos
Alameda has an innovative business community mixing high-tech business parks with historic shopping districts. Tree-lined neighborhoods, many with lovely Victorian and Queen Anne-style homes built before the turn of the century, give a taste of the history of the region. Although there are many parks, beaches, and bike trails that make Alameda a wonderful place to live or visit, most of these areas are some distance from the Ferry terminal and require biking, hiking or transfer to bus or taxi to access them. To find out more about some of Alameda's points of interest visit www.ebparks.org. For complete transit connection information in Alameda, click here.
One of Alameda's most unique attractions is the Aircraft Carrier USS Hornet Museum located at Pier 3 at Alameda Point. The museum is open daily 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and group tours are available by calling 510-521-8448 x232. The USS Hornet is one of the legends of naval history, with eight naval ships having carried its name and played major roles during battles with Britain in 1775 to combat in World War II. The carrier was also instrumental in the recovery of Apollo 11 and 12.The USS Hornet Museum is approximately 2 miles from the Ferry dock. To learn more about all the attractions in the Alameda area, visit the City of Alameda web site.
The aircraft carrier USS Hornet, retired from active duty and permanently moored as a floating museum at Alameda Point,... more travel advice
zwack's Related Pages
Alameda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Edge of the Bay"
- "zwack's new Alameda Page"
- "Alameda 13.06.2004"
- "memixer's new Alameda Page"
- "singjaz's new Alameda Page"
- "Alameda will Surprise You"
- "Alameda, Ca"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alameda
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Alameda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alameda
Photos in AlamedaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 49 photos
- Wuhan Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Oakland Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Beijing Intro, 30 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- San Mateo Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Berkeley Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Alameda Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Concord Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Richmond Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos