"zwack's new USA Page" United States of America by zwack
United States of America Travel Guide: 287,714 reviews and 667,218 photos
The American Flag means just what Concord and Lexington meant, what Bunker Hill meant. It means the whole glorious Revolutionary War. It means all that the Declaration of Independence meant. It means all that the Constitution of our people, organizing for justice, for liberty and for happiness, meant.
Under this banner rode Washington and his armies. Before it Burgoyne laid down his arms. It waved on the highlands at West Point. When Arnold would have surrendered these valuable fortresses and precious legacies, his night was turned into day and his treachery was driven away by beams of light from this starry banner.
It cheered our army, driven out from around New York, and in their painful pilgrimages through New Jersey. This banner streamed in light over the soldiers' heads at Valley Forge and at Morristown. It crossed the waters rolling with ice at Trenton, and when its stars gleamed in the morning with a victory, a new day of hope dawned on the despondency of this nation.
The Flag carries American ideas, American history and American feelings. Beginning with the Colonies, and coming down to our time, in its sacred heraldry, in its glorious insignia, it has gathered and stored chiefly this supreme idea: divine right of liberty in man. Every color means liberty; every thread means liberty; every form of star and beam or stripe of light means liberty - not lawlessness, but organized, institutional liberty - liberty through law, and laws for liberty!
This American Flag was the safeguard of liberty. Not an atom of crown was allowed to go into its insignia. Not a symbol of authority in the ruler was permitted to go into it. It was an ordinance of liberty by the people, for the people. That it meant, that it means, and, by the blessing of God, that it shall mean to the end of time!
zwack's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 93 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 49 photos
- Wuhan Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Oakland Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Beijing Intro, 30 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- San Mateo Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Berkeley Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Alameda Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Concord Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Richmond Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos