Shreveport Favorite Tips by vigi Top 5 Page for this destination
Shreveport Favorites: 18 reviews and 16 photos
Fondest memory: This is definately a MUST-EAT in Shreveport. The mexican food are SO GOOD!!! Cool Beans is a kind of Subway for Mexican-food devotees, but it don't taste like fast food at all. All the ingredients for burrito, taco and salad building are spread out like a punctured pinata. This restaurant is very artsy and eclectic. It offers made to order salads, burritos and more.
Cool Beans, 855 Pierremont, Suite 135 (in Towne Oak Square) Shreveport, (318) 868-5100.
Fondest memory: Sci-Port Discovery Center is just few minutes walk from the Red River Cruise Pier. We come across this group of school kids. They are so cute, posting for pictures. From this picture, you can see black rudes here in Shreveport (perhaps in Louisiana?). They have many interesting games inside the Sci-port, and my favourite is iMax, which is the only dome cinema in Louisiana.
Fondest memory: The Bridges of the Ark-La-Tex, we passed through 3 bridges along Red River, they are over 100 years.
Fondest memory: I was allowed to be the boat captain for a few minutes!! hahaaa....
Fondest memory: We took a ride on the Red River with the "Spirit of the Red" River Cruise. The boat is docked on the River directly across from Sci-Port. After seeing the beautiful Dorcheat Bayou last evening, this one-hour tour didn't interest me. And there are rubbish (plastic water bottle, cups, plastic bags, etc.) floating on the river... not nice view. But pretty relaxing though.
Fondest memory: This is the largest wall painting in Louisiana, with artist from New York. Well... it's not really very big though, we have bigger wall paintings here in Hong Kong. But I can say this painting is very detail and nice!
Fondest memory: I was too lazy to do any research about Shreveport before I came here, and were surprise to found that Elvis Presely actually started his singing career in Shreveport. He first performed here and signed his contract with Sun Records in Shreveport. From October 1954 through 1955 Elvis continued to rush back to Shreveport every Saturday night to play the Hayride.
Fondest memory: Well... I don't know what is this? Simply a very big tree along the sidewalk, in a funny shape. I don't know whether it is naturally grow like this? Or someone shape it...
Fondest memory: We finish our breakfast early, so, was browsing around downtown a bit before heading to Red River. This is th oldest church in Shreveport. Pretty neat.
Fondest memory: We check out our hotel at 7.30am (God, it's early!!!) then head directly to Strawn's Eat Shop for breakfast. The food is good with reasonable price. I ordered an omelettes with grits (As Featured in Southern Living Magazine 1994 and 2003!) and it's good. But portion is typical American size, too big for me, I don't usually eat such a big breakfast at home. I don't want to watse food but really could not help leaving 1/3 of the plate thrown away...
More Reviews (10)
vigi's Related Pages
Shreveport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "2 Days in SHREVEPORT"
- "Shreveport: The closest big city to my In-Laws!"
- "AFB, Cemeteries and Oil CIty"
- "Jumping Around Shreveport!"
- "Not just Gambling..."
- "Trip up Dorcheat Bayou w/Norris Canoe Outfitters"
- "Keeweechic's Shreveport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shreveport
- Hotels in Shreveport
- Transportation in Shreveport
- Nightlife in Shreveport
- Restaurants in Shreveport
- Shopping in Shreveport
- Warnings and Dangers in Shreveport
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Shreveport
- 25 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Shreveport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shreveport
Photos in ShreveportSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 138 reviews, 183 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 51 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 36 reviews, 104 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 48 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhongdian Intro, 46 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai Intro, 44 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 44 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monroe Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (59)
Latest Shreveport hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Express Shreveport-Airport
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- GuestHouse International Inn & Suites
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Pelican Inn Airport Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 31, 2012
- Holiday Inn Shreveport - Airport (Financial Plaza)
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Clarion Hotel Shreveport
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Eldorado Resort Casino
- 178 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Plantation Inn Shreveport
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 4, 2011
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Days Inn Shreveport
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Candlewood Suites Shreveport
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Motel 6 Shreveport
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 10, 2013