Monroe Favorite Tips by vigi Top 5 Page for this destination

Monroe Favorites: 14 reviews and 13 photos

Dinner @ Cypress Inn - Monroe
Dinner @ Cypress Inn

Fondest memory: Here come highlight of the day... DINNER TIME... when I suck the head & dig the tail of CRAWFISH!!! (^0^) This is the first Whole-Boiled Carwfish I had in Louisiana, and it's Spring... crawfish season! And most memorable, this is my last meal in Monroe, after that, I'll before leaving back home! I miss you guys, and miss the crawfish & Louisiana Spicies too!

• Updated May 17, 2004
Long Limo - Monroe
Long Limo

Fondest memory: First time I saw a big/long Limo like this!!! And it was so nice that Dana made it happened that I was able to take this photo!!!

Sunset on the road... - Monroe
Sunset on the road...

Fondest memory: We left the poverty site before sunset. This is a beautiful view from our car drive!

Poverty Point (Con't) - Monroe
Poverty Point (Con't)

Fondest memory: After a movie in the museum, we took a bus to tour around the site, it was hot, and since we could not step down the from the bus, we actually cannot see anything except listening to "fairytales" of history. Then we took a short hike (not even a hike, just a 15 mins walk actually...) up the hill which they called "pyramids" built by Egyptian slaves in the 8th centuries. They dragged huge stones (well... I couldn't see any stones... seriously...) across the desert to build the Great Pyramids, and before the great Mayan pyramids were constructed. The place was a site in what is now northeastern Louisiana. The people were a highly civilized group who left behind one of the most important archaeological sites in North America.

Poverty Point State Historic Site - Monroe
Poverty Point State Historic Site

Fondest memory: This is supposed a rich culture flourished 12 centuries before Christ. Unfortunately, I am not really into history, and besides a hugh site of grassland and small hills without shelter, I saw nothing here, except the museum and movie shown inside the museum.

• Updated May 17, 2004
Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge - Monroe
Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge

Fondest memory: This is truly a paradise. A easy trek around the wetlands, beautiful cypress-studded lake... Very relaxing and romantic. I wish I was here with my "other half" that will be perfect!

Mississippi Train - Monroe
Mississippi Train

Fondest memory: On the way to Black Bayou Lake, we saw this Mississippi Train on the road. What a pity this is only for cargos, nobody ride on train in the States... too slow.

Lunch @ Waterfront Grill - Monroe
Lunch @ Waterfront Grill

Fondest memory: Another great restaurant in Louisiana, can't wait!!! How come the food in North Louisiana so good?!!! Overlooking the beautiful Bayou DeSiard, plus wonderful food, what else can I ask for? Give you an "A++++++"

Children's Museum - Monroe
Children's Museum

Fondest memory: Next stop: Children's Museum! It was pretty interesting here. And I felt much younger playing with the kids. They are very friendly with visitors, like a tour guide, introducing me with every exhibit they have in the museum, and posting in front of my camera! And guess what? They have a life baby porcupine here!

Touring Around the Zoo - Monroe
Touring Around the Zoo

Fondest memory: It was great experience touring around the zoo, by boat & by foot. I always love visiting zoo in different places, they always have different cute animals to look at. And I was suprised to meet the zoo's manager, who have been teaching a MBA course in Hong Kong for 2 years. And he's very happy feeding animals in this small town Monroe. A real proof that money & status not neccessary equal to happiness!!!

vigi

“Expect the Unexpected, or You Won't Find It”

Badges & Stats in Monroe