"MONROE... Crawfish & Bayou!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Monroe by vigi

Monroe Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 140 photos

Wanna explore the natural beauty of Monroe? Have a look at my Travel Journal.

• Last visit to Monroe: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2004

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2009 at 11:58 PM

We were considering having a night in Monroe during our Road trip next October, after seeing your pages might have to make it 2 nights!

• Jul 7, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Becareful driving through the southside of Monroe to get to the zoo. I believe that the giraffe fell into a sinkhole and died. The sad elephant was retired to Tennesse and the white tiger died. Sorry!

• Oct 7, 2007 at 12:40 PM

cypress inn has by far the worst crawfish in town. Cormiers are better or bayles too

• Oct 14, 2006 at 12:15 PM

lovely page! Nikos

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 9:26 PM

Great Page Vigi!

• Jun 23, 2004 at 9:06 AM

You are right - a "manhunt" would have been more exciting! Those crawfish are making me drool all over myself. Glad you got to experience a more local side of Louisiana

• Phalaenopsis03's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 2:04 AM

Great travelogues and travel tips. Man, and your restaurant reviews left me salivating. And dang, that crawfish pick is just making me really hungry right now. =)

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2004 at 10:11 AM

Great info! I went to a very interesting outdoor music festival last year in Monroe and didn't see any of the things you described. I'll have to go back!

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2004 at 2:56 AM

Amazing restaurant tips! I can beat your cold swimming pool -- I stayed at Ritz-Carlton in Barcelona and they didn't have their whirlpool heated! It was ice cold...! Can you believe it?

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2004 at 2:36 AM

Nice Page!

vigi

“Expect the Unexpected, or You Won't Find It”

Badges & Stats in Monroe