"Yunnan" Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng by vigi
Yunnan Sheng Travel Guide: 2,036 reviews and 5,811 photos
Yunnan is a lovely province, great scenery, great people!
Among Yunnan, ZhongDian (Shangri-la) and Deqin are the places I love MOST, peaceful, quiet, beautiful scenery, yak,
meadows, and most of all FRIENDLY PEOPLE. In Deqin, I didn't feel like I was in China at all, it seems like a paradise somewhere.
Lijiang cannot be missed! There're many places aurrounding Lijiang, good for visiting. eg. Snow Dragon
Mountain, Baisha Village, Tiger Leap, Bai Shui Tai, etc. If you are adventous and enegertic enough, you can arrange your own trakking. You can also do it in a leisure way by hiring a van from Lijiang, usually they charge 250-300 Yuan per
day including drivers and feul. You can visit a few attractions in one day.
Some travellers in my guest house combined together to rent a Jeep, 4 days, enough to see Shangri-la as well.
Deqin is very beautiful, but the road are bumpy and have landslide. But it worth... I think.
Dali is smilar to Lijiang, but more laid back, and the Old Town is smaller than Lijiang, you can stay there 2 days to fell a bit.
Kunming nothing much to see, just another China city, a little cleaner than
Guangzhou. Flights from Kunming to Laos and other places is easy, and more selections though.
The Napahai Lake is 3270 meters above sea level and covers 660 square km. Mountains stand by it on three sides and... more travel advice
UNESCO designated Lijiang, located in Northwest Yunnan, as one of the world's major cultural heritages. It is also the... more travel advice
vigi's Related Pages
Yunnan Sheng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains and Minorities"
- "Yunnan - South of the Clouds"
- "Southest Yunnan - Off the tourist trail"
- "The Colourful Province"
- "paradise found in Dali"
- "The Shangri-La in my heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yunnan Sheng
- Hotels in Yunnan Sheng
- Transportation in Yunnan Sheng
- Nightlife in Yunnan Sheng
- Restaurants in Yunnan Sheng
- Shopping in Yunnan Sheng
- Warnings and Dangers in Yunnan Sheng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yunnan Sheng
- 131 Reviews
- 191 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Yunnan Sheng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yunnan Sheng
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 138 reviews, 183 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 51 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 36 reviews, 104 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 48 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhongdian Intro, 46 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai Intro, 44 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 44 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monroe Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues