"CHIBA-KEN: East of Tokyo" Chiba-ken by vigi

Chiba-ken Travel Guide: 368 reviews and 1,053 photos

Chiba-ken is a prefecture next to Tokyo-to. Much of Chiba-ken are quiet residential area, country sides, etc. there are few compelling reasons to visit this area.

However, a large majority of visitors to Japan will arrive or depart from Narita airport which is located in Chiba-ken.

Since I stayed in my friend's home in Chiba-ken, I spent much time wondering around this area.

I love this this sunset photo very much. This is taken in Konodai, a small town where I lived. Everyday, I walked along this road several times: go 7-Eleven buying my breakfast; take a bus to JR Itchikawa Station; go supermarket & drugstores... This pic is now my desktop wallpaper, reminded me of sweet times I spent in Japan.

• Last visit to Chiba-ken: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 24, 2003

• Jul 25, 2008 at 9:20 PM

do yuo know how long it'd take to get from chiba-ken to tokyo?

• Feb 4, 2008 at 5:14 AM

I love your picture here Vigi! Long time to talk with you! Nikos

• Pixiekatten's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Your page is full of wonderful pics and good tips! :) And how cool with your 'own' salon!! ;)) -Malena

• RoseAmano's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2004 at 6:34 AM

Your description of the pachinko vertical pinball places, and the "mini-farm" (and little else) indeed is very spot-on and typical Chiba, isn't it? ;-)

• ania70pl's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2003 at 1:57 PM

The sunset pic is lovely indeed. Thanks for discount in Beauty Salon ;-) Great page, thanks for sharing.

• Alphons's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2003 at 10:34 PM

Great page with beautiful pics, greetings Alphons...

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2003 at 4:43 AM

Very nice page as always Virginia!

• Jul 19, 2003 at 8:52 PM

The excitement you felt while waiting for the plane to land would have been the death of me. Apparently, you handled it quite well.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 10:20 PM

Being a mini-farmer must be interesting! Playing those machines looks like fun for 30 minutes or so! I couldn't sit there all night though. Chiba-ken must've been fun while you were there!

• Jul 14, 2003 at 7:50 AM

lovely to see a page on Chiba. sounds like you enjoyed your stay.

vigi

“Expect the Unexpected, or You Won't Find It”

Badges & Stats in Chiba-ken

Have you been to Chiba-ken?

Latest Activity in Chiba-ken