"Welcome to my Laputa... my virtual flying castle" vigi's Profile

VT Meeting Albumns - Presented by partly-retired IPG (International Party Girl)

~ Made in Hong Kong ~
Hong Kong welcome Satoshi-san (Sep2004)
When 3 crazy dudes from States (Jun2004)
Spring Gathering + Thousand Year Egg (May2004)
Alain & his girfriend (now wife) blowing balloons @ Repulse Bay (May2004)
Shanghainese Christina sucking her 1st Sheesha (Jan2004)
DonGuan & the Bikini Girls @ South China Sea (Sep2003)
A night out: Seafood + Karaokay (Aug2003)

~ Foreign Entertainment ~
My honor to dinner with 16 VTers @ Singapore (Dec2004)
Meet up with IPG Geisha_Girl and womanizer Yubert @ San Francisco (Apr2004)
Cozy Dinner @ Los Angeles (Apr2004)
Beer Festival and Big Dinner @ Tokyo (Jun2003)
Yen & my fosted-son Baton West @ Bangkok (Mar2003)
My 1st Ever VT Meeting @ Kuala Lumpur (Jun2002)

WELCOME
To My LAPUTA

We crave so much in the modern world. Advertising and the mass media present to use lustrous images of happy people delighted by their material toys. And so we tempted to chase the things we have thereby come to believe will satisfy us. I admitted, money is important, while Life can be wonderful without too much of it. Travelling allows me to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. Travels opened my eyes to the fact that we are all just people. Forget about class and background and all thats. Let's work out for peace and hope. There are Endless possibilities in every corner of the world.

MY TRAVEL STYLE
Tranquil Sojourns...
Travel should be about leisurely interludes, not forced marches;
My vacation time is about replenishing the spirit not accumulating names on a list;
The point of the exercise should be about savouring nuances, not consuming quantity.

Personal Journeys...
Travel should be about individual freedom, not the tyranny of the crowd;
My vacation time is about personal transformation, not group therapy;
The point of the exercise should be about the journey, not the destination;

Powerful Memories...
Travel should be about immersion in the experience, not just skimming the surface;
My vacation time is about serendipitous moments, not rigid schedules;
The point of the exercise should be about the authenticity of local life, not the artifice of mass tourism.

Peace of Mind...
Travel should be about freeing the mind from worry, not paralysing it with choice,
My vacation time is about moments of contemplation, not constant negotiations;
The point of the exercise should be to focus on the big picture, not sweat the small stuff.

As a child, I dreamed of backpacking. Crossing the mountains in Himalayas, digging the soil of cultural Egypt, catching the sunshine at Greece. Only been to few countries. I hope.... one day I can put the 'has been there' thing all over my world map!!

My dream place? LAPUTA the animated Utopia city flying in the sky - an intimate peace place in which full of love, self-sacrifice and mutual trust.

If everybody like you and me believes and looks for LAPUTA, the real LAPUTA will occur.

Most pictures here taken by myself. I put my pictures here to share with my fellow VTers.... **share** does not mean a free hand-out for a magazine to publish my pictures for their profit without my knowledge or agreement. Please ask my permission before using any of my photo!

2007 DEC to 2008 JAN - U.S.A. (Carlifornia, San Francisco, Tahoe, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon)
My second visit to U.S.A. spent one month in Carlifornia, had great Christmas & New Year with my friend(s), and some weekend trips to Tahoe, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon.

2007 NOV - EAST MALAYSIA (Sabah)
Sabah is a truely beautiful place. Spent 12 days there, checked out the beautiful islands & snorkelling. It was a whirlwind trip, visiting many places, and changing hotel every night, well... it was supposed for WORK! Sipadan was amazingly lovely, as well as Kapalai Resorts. I WILL BE BACK!

2007 SEP - INDIA (Bangalore - Kolkata - Darjeeling - Sikkim)

Year 2006, I've travelled 52890km. A long round-the-wrold trip... You may say I'm a dreamer, but well, the world is too big to see. The grass always smells fresher on the other side of the world! :P

2006 AUGUST 6 - my big TRAN-SIBERIAN TRIP
Travelling from Hongkong to Berlin by train. What an exciting idea. Following by another month travelling around European countries... Hongkong - Beijing - Mongolia - Irkutsk - Lake Baikal and Olkhon Island - Tomsk - Moscow - St. Petersburg - Vilnius - Warsawa - Berlin - Potsdam - Spain Girona - Barcelona - Valencia - Madrid - Switzerland Basel - Bern - Luzern - Munich Oktoberfest - Amsterdam - UK Liverpool - Manchester - Lake District - Cardiff

I found it's easier to get tickets at the stations when travelling Westwards. Because many people Eastwards from Europe during Summer, getting tickets will be difficult. I met a Finnish couple in Mongolia, they couldn't get ticket from UB to Beijing, even they booked more than a month ago. And they ended up have to travel by night bus through the boarder, which is not nice, I think. Besides, it's so much cheaper buying direct from stations than through agents, and more flexible.

I prefer to travel on Plaskar (3rd class) then 2nd or 1st class. As I can meet
locals in 3rd class. While 2nd class, mostly European tourists. 1st class was
almost empty. Beijing to Moscow non stop will be tough. So better plan stops in between.

My favourit place along the route: Olhkon Island in Lake Baikal!
It's a breathtake, beautiful island with a small Siberian village. Villagers are nice and friendly.

2006 APRIL - BALI

2006 FEB - THAILAND (Ko Phangan + Bangkok)
Full Moon Party... here I come again! Ko Phangan is considered one of the world top 3 party places, besides Goa in India and Ibiza in Spain. How could I not come back to this place?

2006 JAN - EUROPE Yo! A good start this year. My target is not to travel less than last year... let's see if I can make it. Too lazy to update my VT pages, so feel free to check out my photo albumns Belgium, Germany, and Paris.

2005 DEC - HO CHI MINH (VIETNAM) I spent my new year in Saigon playing Ultimate tournament, had great NYE party party! CLICK HERE to check out my photo album.

2005 OCT - CAMBODIA I'm back from Angkor Wat... Yo! My 4th "Seven Wonders of the World"

2005 JULY - PHUKET + KRABI First trip to Thailand after Tsunami. Hope the place recovering well and fast after the disaster. Will show you some photo later when I come back.

2005 MAY - BINTAN + SINGAPORE Sun tan + spa + friends + laksa + chicken rice!

2005 JULY - BALI My new favourite place, Bali is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

2005 MAR - GUIZHOU
A pretty rush trip... trekking up minority Miao villages over the weekend of Easter.

2005 MAR - BEIJING
My first trip in 2005. Had spent a weekend in Beijing visiting my friends and partying. Check out photos here

2004 DEC - SINGAPORE
A family re-union in Singapore, meeting old friends, VT Meeting and much parties. ZoukOut (the biggest beach party in Asia) was great! Sure will go back next year, if the government still approve their party license!

2004 OCT - YANGSHUO (AGAIN) !!!
I think I am a little crazy... came back from Egypt for 2 days, and off to Yangshuo again. Very last minute decision, coz I really wanted to meet my long lost friend. And without regret, I had a good time.

2004 SEPT - EGYPT (UNDER CONSTRUCTION...)
Finally... i am back from Egypt, one of my dream-list country, a trip of a life time. (^0^)

2004 JULY - PERHENTIAN ISLANDS
Among all island/beaches I have been to, Perhentian is the most beautiful one in Asia, a truly paradise. Natural and untouched environment, crystal clear water, picturesque scenery, peaceful ambience, white sandy beaches, affordable lodging, delicious seafood, and no prostitution!

QUOTES for thoughts...

"The problem is not that we have such a short space of time, but that we waste so much of it. Life is long enough, and it has been given in sufficiently generous measures, to allow the accomplishment of the very greatest things if the whole of it is well invested.” ~ Seneca

"Some objects are superfluous, and others are not worth the price we pay for them." ~ Seneca

"Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the hugh waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.” ~ St. Augustine

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page." ~ St. Augustine

"Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends... the mind can never break off from the journey" ~ Pat Conroy

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching."

"Truth is the only safe ground to stand on." ~ Elizabeth Cady Stanton

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

"Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.

"The easiest part of travelling is to book a flight, pack and go; the hardest part is to earn the money for this flight!!!" ~ Vigi

"Expect the Unexpected, or you won't find it.

"The life given us by nature is short, but the memory of a life well spent is eternal."

"Tourists are those who bring their homes with them wherever they go, and apply them to whatever they see.... Travelers leave home at home, bringing only themselves and a desire to see and hear and feel and take in and grow and learn." ~Gary Langer

• Intro Updated Jan 23, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
vigi's Profile Photo

vigi

“Expect the Unexpected, or You Won't Find It”

Real Name