"Winter Wonderland" Top 5 Page for this destination Park City by deWilde
Park City Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 258 photos
As a home owner, you love the fact that Park City's real estate continues to climb due to all of the celebs that have bought their second homes here. However, with these increases come downfalls. Claimjumper (an overpriced steak house on main street) is the latest casualty in Park City. The building that houses this long term business has been purchased and is being replaced with a ‘W’ hotel. Sad but true, although … a W is better than a Super8.
The sunsets are stunning here as are the sunrises. There are also amazing storms that seems to blow in from nowhere. Yesterday we were out biking and our beautiful blue skies turned grey without notice and the rain and thunder began. The one thing you have to beware of - flash floods. It is crazy how fast the water will rise and please don’t think your SUV will save you if you are crossing what seems like a small creek. It might not.
There is always an event here. During the summer you should visit Deer Valley Music Festival where you can sit on the hillside and catch a concert or two. Visit Main Street for one of its many events thrown by the Kimball Art Center: Gallery Stroll (every last Friday of the month), Art Festival (August). Hit the Egyptian Theatre for one of their plays.
- Pros:Great location wonderful people.
- Cons:Expensive, tourist's cause for issues.
- In a nutshell:A fabulous place to live and play!
The Broken Thumb is a local’s bar located in the Park City Rec Center. This low profile bar hosts some of the best wings... more travel advice
If you are in ANY sort of rush or on a schedule DO NOT go to the Morning Ray. We call it the Morning Wait. I have never... more travel advice
deWilde's Related Pages
Park City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skiing Paradise & Sundance Film Fest!!!"
- "Park City, Utah.............Ahh, Paradise"
- "Winter Wonderland"
- "A "Flying" Park City"
- "PARK CITY, UTAH ALL SEASON RESORT TOWN"
- "BigRockStar's Park City Page"
- "Sundance & Skiing in Winter, Outdoor Fun in Summer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Park City
- Hotels in Park City
- Transportation in Park City
- Nightlife in Park City
- Restaurants in Park City
- Shopping in Park City
- Warnings and Dangers in Park City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Park City
- 12 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Park City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Park City
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Group Transportation"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tuesday's at the Broken Thumb"
- Wrote a Review Warm Coats starting in September in Park City What to Pack
- updated a Park City Travel Page "Winter Wonderland"
- Commented on one of LovesherFirebird's Park City travel pages
Photos in Park CitySee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Portland Intro, 41 reviews, 178 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Park City Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Colorado Intro, 1 review, 10 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Antelope Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Boulder Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cascade Gorge 4 photos