Portland Nightlife Tips by deWilde
Portland Nightlife: 89 reviews and 74 photos
Meow Meow Entry
They say that the Meow Meow has closed but I am sure it will reopen with a new name so I am posting some pix from before the closure.
Dress Code: None - wear anything. You will find a lot of rock-a-billy and emo types here.
Address: 320 SE 2nd Ave
Directions: Enter at the SE Third Street door located North of the Morisson Bridge (SE Side of the bridge).
Phone: (503) 230-2111
The usual view - many people waiting for a snack.
Dress Code: If you live anywhere near downtown Portland or are one of the many that have frequent late nights in the bridge city you have either heard of or most likely visited The Voodoo Donut Shop. They open sometime after 10pm and entertain all of the late night party animals and drunks until about 10am. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday they actually grace us with their presence starting at 8am. They are closed Sunday night though! Whoo hoo!
If you go you need to order the Cock and Balls. It looks just like it sounds! The cock and balls are filled with a yummy cream and as you will see in the pix – it can make for a mess. Don’t they always! =)
They have a huge variety of your not so normal donuts and one glazed donut that looks like it was made for the Jolly Green Giant. If you can finish this HUGE donut in a certain amount of time they will refund you the purchase price. I have never attempted it but you can see pix of others that have on the walls of the shop.
They also have bands that will come in and put on a show in the smallest and tallest stage you have ever seen. Trust me – it is worth trying to catch a gig.
Address: 22 SW 3rd Avenue
Directions: It is tucked between The Paris Theater and Berbati's Pan on 3rd Avenue. Look for the red door and the endless line of people hanging out trying to get a bite!
Theme: People Watching
A piece of the pie.
The party happens every night but the weekends are the busiest. The bar is dark and sexy to a T. There are several lounge areas where you can curl up with your friends old and new. The staff is great and the music is pumping. This is definitely one place you will want to hit while in the NW.
Dress Code: I think it is a black dress and pearl night but I guess it all depends on your mood and the mood of others. I’ve seen shorts and t-shirts once and my favorite regular guy wears a Carhart style kilt and sweatshirt. ;o) In general it seems most just go for the downtown hip urban look.
Address: 15 SW 2nd
Directions: 2nd is a one way street going North. Bar XV is located on the left side of the street just before Burnside and across the street from The Oyster Bar.
What happens at The Greek - Stays at The Greek!
The Greek is the place of choice for people watching and small dance floors. If you can you want to make reservations to sit upstairs for one of the weekend evening shows. The evening starts with a Greek band, a fabulous singer [that looks like the gal from Cutting Edge] and then misc events after. They have Greek dancing, the owner grabs a table edge with his mouth and picks it up and dances, there are Blow Jobs [expecting bachelors sit and receive OUZO while a random bachelorette grabs a shot from his crotch area], plate smashing, belly dancer and the list goes on. At the end of all of this the club starts up and there is dancing on two floors. Its a huge party all the time so it works well for group gatherings.
Dress Code: Dress as you will but it is in downtown so dress like you would for a night of clubbing. Summer bring out more short skirts and sandles but guys are almost always in pants.
Address: 404 SW Washington Street
Directions: From Burnside you will go South on 1st, into downtown. Turn Right on Washington and it is up one block on the left. If you go past Washington you can park in the 95 cent parking. Our last trip cost us $2, we parked at 7:30pm and left at 1:30am.
Phone: (503) 224-2288
Darcelle and us
Vegas-style cabaret revues that are comical and entertaining. I went to Darcelle’s with You MUST be 21 with a valid ID. some friends for a bachelorette party but people go just to go. Darcelle is usually out doing the meet and greet thing as you some in and is the MC for the show. It’s something worth seeing even if only once.
FYI - On the weekends, after the drag show they have a male stripper thing. I’m not recommending it because I have seen better, but it was amusing. It is like watching the bad audition tapes for the Chip and Dale rejects.
Dress Code: Come as you are. Some dress up some dress down some you wonder what they were thinking when they walk out the door.
Address: 208 Northwest Third Street
Directions: Downtown on 3rd Street, between Everett and Davis.
Phone: 503) 222-5338
Theme: Adult Spot
More Reviews (36)
- See All Try the Tom Yum Seafood Combo
- See All Shopping at the PDX Saturday Market
- See All Falling in Oregon
- A little treasure...
deWilde's Related Pages
Portland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest Big City"
- "City of Roses, Rivers and the Mountain Corgi"
- "Portland, an great liveable city"
- "The Pearl of the Pacific Northwest"
- "If it's tourist season, can we shoot them?"
- "A beautiful city to visit even on a short trip"
- "We Gotta Get Out of This Place: Portland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portland
- Hotels in Portland
- Transportation in Portland
- Nightlife in Portland
- Restaurants in Portland
- Shopping in Portland
- Warnings and Dangers in Portland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province de Chaouen Hotels
- Fo Tan Hotels
- Horbat Nataf Hotels
- The Bahamas Hotels
- Bognor Regis
Badges & Stats in Portland
- 41 Reviews
- 166 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Portland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portland
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: La Guardia - Times Square"
- Commented on one of deWilde's Portland travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "180 Eternity View of the Gorge"
- Wrote a Review Try the Tom Yum Seafood Combo about Ethnic in Portland Restaurants
- updated a Portland Travel Page "Welcome to Portland, Oregon"
Photos in PortlandSee All Photos (166)
Top 10 Pages
- Portland Intro, 41 reviews, 178 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Park City Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Colorado Intro, 1 review, 10 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Antelope Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Boulder Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cascade Gorge 4 photos
Latest Portland hotel reviews
- Benson Hotel
- 679 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Residence Inn By Marriott Portland North Harbour
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Shilo Inn Portland/Beaverton Hotel
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Econo Lodge At I-205 Portland
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Motel 6 Portland North
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Ace Hotel
- 245 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Marriott Residence Inn Portland Downtown River Place
- 312 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- University Place
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Days Inn Portland City Center
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Paramount Hotel
- 388 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Shilo Inn Portland Rose Garden
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown-Convention Center
- 242 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
- 358 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013