"Lake O - more than just a suburb!" Lake Oswego by deWilde

Lake Oswego Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 50 photos

We lived in Lake Oswego [aka Lake O] for two years and as much as I loved it there – I hated it. It’s come a long way since 2002 and now offers much more to do and see. Shopping in Lake Oswego is amazing, especially today as they have added a new string of shops in downtown Lake O as well as the new Bridgeport Village by I-5.

One of our favorite places to go is the George Rogers Park off Highway 43 by downtown Lake O. A great place to play, feed the ducks and occasionally see a Carp swimming by.

The lake itself is okay as long as you’re in a boat – otherwise it is like swimming in broccoli soup. There is the Lake Grove Swim Park free to locals that is located off Lakeview Road that has a great green picnic area, volleyball and swimming off the docks. There is also a snack bar if you need a nibble. This is a great place to watch the fireworks in Lake O on 4th of July and it is usually incredibly packed on that day. Otherwise I have never found it over populated and quit enjoyable.

Dining is always a treat and Lake O has some fabulous hidden treasures. Our Saturday regular was La Provence located on Boones Ferry Road. It is a little yellow building that houses yummy French food and patisseries. Another local favorite is Speedy Linguini located on Jean Road (off Pilkington). It has been there forever and I think everyone that lives in Lake O has eaten there. This Wienerschnitzel shapped house serves Italian (go figure). Let’s not forget Giant Burgers (near La Provence). They are a mom and pop run burger joint that offers big burgers, fresh fries and real ice cream shakes. I think most Lake O teens have worked here.

• Pros:Great people, fun things to do, fabulous shopping
  • Cons:Too far from downtown PDX for me (10-15 min drive)
  • In a nutshell:A great place to raise kids and network.
  • Intro Written Jun 17, 2006

Comments

deWilde

“You live but once - enjoy life & love the people!”

Badges & Stats in Lake Oswego

Have you been to Lake Oswego?

Latest Activity in Lake Oswego