"Life in Park City - Utah" deWilde's Profile
Anyone that lives in Park City and can't find something to do should get out of the house! Every day and night there is something happening in this town. Whether it's just to socialize, hang at a fundraiser, networking, sporting events ...you name it we have it. The restaurants are mostly good, most are over priced and the nightlife is always fun.
My favorite club is Harry Os, my favorite bar to hang with pals is Downstairs followed by No Name Saloon. Utah finally passed the no smoking law - which is great for this non-smoker, so the bars are smell free. The also passed a new law taking away the 'Private Club for Members' that should take effect in July so until then just say you are a member and most bars will let you in. If they ask for your card say you left it at home and ask them to look you up by your name. They don't like doing that so they might pretend to but then they will let you in. Naughty but whatever!
In just about every Park City postcard you will see McPolin Farm. It is not a working farm but they do host many functions there. There are benefits as well as downfalls to living in a trendy little town like Park City. You will get a lot of crazy folks passing through during the ski season (Dec to April), as we have some of the best snow in the world. The Sundance Film Festival (in January) brings more paparazzi and celeb’s than this town needs - yet it is fun! Ski season brings international flare as the resorts (we have three within minutes of each other) hire from out of country. All in all it is a neat place to live – although it can be pricy!
The hillsides here in Utah are amazing. I was worried that once we left Oregon we wouldn't have the ability to hike, bike and play as we did in Oregon. Maybe the ability to do so is because we live in the mountains of Park City. Either way I am just glad we have opportunities to do the same outdoor adventures that we have been used to.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 76 Reviews
- 302 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Group Transportation"
- deWilde and y2ketan2007 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review A San Francisco Hidden Gem in San Francisco Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "A San Francisco Hidden Gem"
- Commented on one of deWilde's Portland travel pages
updated their Profile Page "Life in Park City - Utah"
- updated a New York City Travel Page "The Big Apple"
PhotosSee All Photos (302)
Top 10 Pages
- Portland Intro, 41 reviews, 178 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Park City Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Colorado Intro, 1 review, 10 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Antelope Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Boulder Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cascade Gorge 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos