"Life in Park City - Utah" deWilde's Profile
Anyone that lives in Park City and can't find something to do should get out of the house! Every day and night there is something happening in this town. Whether it's just to socialize, hang at a fundraiser, networking, sporting events ...you name it we have it. The restaurants are mostly good, most are over priced and the nightlife is always fun.
My favorite club is Harry Os, my favorite bar to hang with pals is Downstairs followed by No Name Saloon. Utah finally passed the no smoking law - which is great for this non-smoker, so the bars are smell free. The also passed a new law taking away the 'Private Club for Members' that should take effect in July so until then just say you are a member and most bars will let you in. If they ask for your card say you left it at home and ask them to look you up by your name. They don't like doing that so they might pretend to but then they will let you in. Naughty but whatever!
In just about every Park City postcard you will see McPolin Farm. It is not a working farm but they do host many functions there. There are benefits as well as downfalls to living in a trendy little town like Park City. You will get a lot of crazy folks passing through during the ski season (Dec to April), as we have some of the best snow in the world. The Sundance Film Festival (in January) brings more paparazzi and celeb’s than this town needs - yet it is fun! Ski season brings international flare as the resorts (we have three within minutes of each other) hire from out of country. All in all it is a neat place to live – although it can be pricy!
The hillsides here in Utah are amazing. I was worried that once we left Oregon we wouldn't have the ability to hike, bike and play as we did in Oregon. Maybe the ability to do so is because we live in the mountains of Park City. Either way I am just glad we have opportunities to do the same outdoor adventures that we have been used to.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 76 Reviews
- 302 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: La Guardia - Times Square"
- Wrote a Review A San Francisco Hidden Gem in San Francisco Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "A San Francisco Hidden Gem"
- Commented on one of deWilde's Portland travel pages
updated their Profile Page "Life in Park City - Utah"
- deWilde and dalestar are now friends.
- updated a New York City Travel Page "The Big Apple"
PhotosSee All Photos (302)
Top 10 Pages
- Portland Intro, 41 reviews, 178 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Park City Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Colorado Intro, 1 review, 10 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Antelope Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Boulder Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cascade Gorge 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos