"Branco's Setubal Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Setúbal by Branco
Setúbal Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 146 photos
Setubal is one of Portugal's largest cities set on the right bank of the Sado River. Said to have been founded by the grandson of Noah it is famous for Moscatel wines and sardines, but also for its Port and the shipyard Setenave (extension of Lisnave, in Lisbon one largest on Europe). Grapes from this region have been praised since the days of the Roman's and Visigoths. You will also find orange and cork groves as well as sunny beaches (Troia, for example, in the other bank of the river is wonderful).
You must taste the Moscatel Wine... The Moscatel Roxo de 20 Anos, de José Maria da Fonseca, for example... Grape... more travel advice
The... Things to Do (4)
See Santiago do Outão. The tower or look-out point dates from 1390. In 1580, the Fortress of Outão joined with D.... more travel advice
Branco's Related Pages
Setúbal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a true port city"
- "Setúbal: The City of Commerce and Tourism"
- "Branco's Setubal Page"
- "flyingkiwi's new Setubal Page"
- "Setubal, on the way south"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Setúbal
- Hotels in Setúbal
- Transportation in Setúbal
- Restaurants in Setúbal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Setúbal
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Setúbal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Setúbal
Photos in SetúbalSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 136 reviews, 64 photos, 8 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sintra Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tunis Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Havana Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Évora Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tomar Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Coimbra Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Setúbal hotel reviews
- Pousada de Setubal Sao Filipe
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013