"Town of exelent vine Vrbnicka Zlahtina" Vrbnik by frankyboy5
Vrbnik Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 50 photos
Vrbnik is typical old Mediterranean city,first time mentioned in XII century. Its situated at the northeast coast of the island of Krk, above the Velebit strait, by the small bay of St. Marco. It is located immediately above the sea, on the 49 meter high cliff, which almost vertically dives into the sea from its north side. Access is very difficult from the sea side, while there is steep road going from the port to the city. It is not a surprise that folk song mention it in the poem Vrbnik above the sea, high mountain. In green vineyards of Vrbnik fields there is even today cultivated very famous Vrbnik Zlatina. We can suggest everyone to visit one of wine cellar in the city and injoy wine you cant forget.
Vrbnik is famous spiritual center with many churches inside city walls. Here is also Vitezic library with almost 10 000 books.
PLAGUE'S HOUSE There is a house in Smokovec (another very old part of Vrbnik) called "Plague's house".Long time ago,a... more travel advice
frankyboy5's Related Pages
Vrbnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Town of exelent vine Vrbnicka Zlahtina"
- "Vrbnik on island Krk"
- "Eszter's Vrbnik Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vrbnik
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Vrbnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vrbnik
Photos in VrbnikSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Hamburg Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Subotica Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Rabac Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Punat Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Esztergom Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Hajduszoboszlo Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Sveta Nedjelja Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gyor Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos