"unique Rotorua" Rotorua by dragontml
Rotorua Travel Guide: 486 reviews and 1,225 photos
Situated in the middle of the central North Island.
From the moment you enter Rotorua you know you're somewhere quite different. The occasional scent of sulphur through the air - a hint of what's in store. You don't need to look far, minutes from the city centre, geysers of steaming water roar from the ground. In geothermal fields around Rotorua, steam rises from placid crater lakes, flowing streams and cliffs.
Opportunities to come face to face with Maori culture abound in Rotorua - in performances, arts & crafts, through the traditional hangi meal and in your encounters with the local Maori.
This is a picture of the holly house. If you go in, shoes must be removed and you have to be very silent. more travel advice
A great place to go up and see this beautiful place... more travel advice
dragontml's Related Pages
Rotorua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Roto-Vegas!"
- "Clean Steam - Smell Hell - Culture Capital"
- "Rotorua, main tourist attraction in North Island."
- "Maori Culture"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rotorua
- Hotels in Rotorua
- Transportation in Rotorua
- Nightlife in Rotorua
- Restaurants in Rotorua
- Shopping in Rotorua
- Warnings and Dangers in Rotorua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rotorua
- 11 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Rotorua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rotorua
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 52 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 49 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ko Lanta Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues